• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FYI! How to post the ° symbol!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

@md0Cer

I noticed some people use blah*C or just blahC when if you wanted you could use blah°C.

Im not pushing anyone to use it, just incase you want to use it, it is hold down Alt, then hit 0176 on the number pad with num lock on ;)

°
Thats awesome. All the years I have been here I never knew that. See you learn something new everday. Thanks for that tip 0cer.

Matt

No problem guys. For some reason someone a very long time ago posted a thread somewhere on these forums just like this one, and I have alt 0176 right in my head. I think it will be harder to forget alt 0176 than my password that I type 50 times a day!
eek.bmp

alt 248 ° works great too. I still have 0176 stuck in my head though lol.

Anyways, as I usually mention in the cooling section, in alot of threads, click the first link in my sig to find out why to never trust your socket temp.

Also as I usually try to add, FOLD! PM me or AIM me for info ;) You can e-mail me too! As long as everyone folds.

i have known about this for a while but im just too dang lazy to memorize it or look it up. I figure who cares 'cause everyone knows what i mean,

Zerileous said:
i have known about this for a while but im just too dang lazy to memorize it or look it up. I figure who cares 'cause everyone knows what i mean,

Thats fine. I was just posting to let everyone know, those who dont care to memorize it, thats cool too, we all know what you mean. I guess this just one of those cool geeky things to me that I post to let everyone else know :D

Zerileous said:

my exact reason... but i guess i could try and remember 248 ¡ã¡ã¡ã

whoa look at what happens when you do 248248 ¨Y...crazy

edit: so after i posted all the things went crazy....:(

hmmm, mine won't work. I tried Alt+248 and alt+0176

[edit] I guess having num lock on would help.
You know that explains why I couldn't get
my keypad to work for the last few weeks
DUH :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head
°°°°°.......whoa, dude, it works :D

°h½▓▓ ²╢É╚╚§§ █████▓ÜÜ♂☺♥♠♣♦•◘○○°╝○♠ƒ╖╚x■Öu╜

Anybody know of an alternate method?

I used to do the Alt + method on my MS Nautural Keyboard, but my USB HappyHacking Lite2 keyboard doesn't work. It's a mini keyboard and has no numpad, but the number keys don't do the trick.

If you are using Windows, you could use the charmap.exe program. Be sure to select the Lucida Console font then you will see all of the fancy symbols. Then you can just cut and paste them from the table.

Back