• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1200Watt 50AMP PSU Tested! Im Still Alive!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

VAdept

Needless to say im very excited to still be alive at the moement. This is the 1200 Watt, 24VDC, 50AMP PSU I bought off Posidon42. I just hooked it up to three Torin blowers and plugged it in, had it sitting on an anti-static bag and I was wearing a pair of rubber gloves.

PSUTest102.jpg

PSUTest103.jpg

PSUTest104.jpg

The duct-tape will get replaced dont worry about it :D And yes, I did wire it to a PC power cable/plug. Eventually the PSU will have its own power switch and each Torin will be on a 15Watt Rheostat to control speed/noise. For anyone who doesnt know this is part ofReactor.

Can 24v give you a shock? I doubt it.....

caose kinda big gamble there...

I knowticed you have no res in the drawing of the cooling loops, is it there and just not drawn or do you plan to try and fill this thing as a closed loop?

maybe i am missing it.

Last edited:
It can if it has some amperage behind it, and the electricity takes a path from left hand to right hand, ie. your heart. It only takes 1 milliamp to kill. ;)

How many cfm are those blowers capable of VAdept???

Cheers! :D

i've shocked myself with 12v before... it tinggled :D
1 milliamp to kill eh? so i died about a few hundred times right? :p
oh yea, that shag carpet looks like mine (i hate it, btw) that stuff sets on fire pretty fast.. also absorbs coolant quick, i'm afraid to take a uv light to it..

Korndog said:
i've shocked myself with 12v before... it tinggled :D
1 milliamp to kill eh? so i died about a few hundred times right? :p
oh yea, that shag carpet looks like mine (i hate it, btw) that stuff sets on fire pretty fast.. also absorbs coolant quick, i'm afraid to take a uv light to it..

Picture_042.jpg

OMG THE PAIN OH NOES.

Iv ben shocked by a tv inside once, you know the plastic seal where it meats the tube, my brother thought itd be funny to plugg in the tv when i working on it and it poped it through me down t othe ground, hurt like a *****, but im not dead.

If i can live through that i dont see how a 12v connection can kill you much less 1 millliamp lol

LOL the battery is great, I love those crazy stunts shows.

I still dont see the pipes being reservoirs, they are shown inline.

candyman, watch out for those TVs they can put out deadly voltage, somewhere around 1-2kv i believe.

Well they dont exactly work like resivours in the traditional sense, they DO hold water :D At the top of the tower where all the tubes are connected I will have T lines, 4 in total to fill the system and bleed air.

I'd take that duct tape off when you can and replace it with heat shrink. Duct tape and electrical tape always seems to melt off on me....
And if you have the time, that PSU might look good all shiny. You could use that painting guide in the Modding forum and make it a nice mirror black :)

I was just using the duct-tape as a quick fix just to make sure it worked. Ill clean it up and use heatsrink when I install it in the base. Might paint it to match the manifolds in that dark blue.

Back