• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

psu affects cpu temps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

galois427

i have an oced 3200 with an rbx and i'm getting 52c load! when i was on the p4, i was only getting 36c load with a ttgi 520. the ttgi blew so i replaced it with the antec 430tp. is there any way the lower wattage psu can affect my cpu temps?

I found that my 480W Antec PSU was quieter than my old Enermax PSU, however, the fans for the PSU don't blow as much air as my old PSU.

I bet this may have something to do with your temp increase.

i can see how the fans would affect an air cooled cpu but i have mine on water. maybe a little increase, but a 18c increase is just insane. my vcore on the p4 and a64 are both 1.7v and i thought the a64 was suppose to run cooler.

Is the P4 oced as this would make a difference. A different wattage PSU is unlikely to make a large difference as a computer will always try to pull the same power regardless of the PSU attached. The fan and airflow quality of the PSU may make a difference though but i wouldn't have thought that much. You also need to conside the quality of the respective heatsinks on the processors, you may be getting the same airflow but a less efficient heatsink would give you higher CPU temps.

Back