• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Funky text in bios?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

situman

I recently installed waterblock on my 9800np and now I get weird looking letters while Im in the bios (IC7) and while booting up. Once into windows text and everything looks fine.. Do you guys think i might have gotten some AS5 outside of the core and didnt know about it? I did check for it but couldnt find any trace of it.

Hmm, that never happened to my IC7-MAX3. I'm assuming your voltages are stock? You may have not gotten anything around the CPU die, but could you have smudged some on other parts of the board? Not that it would really matter...

If you can manage, try to clean off your board. On my old Asus, (forgot what model number A7V266 something or other) I discovered some gunk and possibly moisture on one part of the board. Before I found it and cleaned it off, bios was acting all screwy. After the board was clean things were fine again. I'm not sure if it was because that stuff was insulating the circuit making it hot, or short circuiting some non-essential on-board component. Anyways, my point is, try and scan your board for any visual anomalies.

P.S. crazythunder, I used to have that Hypnovista screensaver! Hilarous! I haven't seen it again since 1995.

Back