• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit VP6 w/ 2xPIII 933 still decent sys?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

2los

I heard something about faulty capacitors, any vp6 owners have any issues.

thanks again

I know the BP6 has this issue, but I am unaware if the VP6 has this problem as well.

I'd still take dual 933 P3's over a lot of single low end Athlon or Celeron systems right now. We have a lot of servers still around at my work that are P3 600 MHz-1 GHz and are definitely still decent systems. A lot of them use SCSI disk systems though, which can make a huge difference over running a single slow ATA100 disk.... so it depends on a few things.

They're still decent setups, yes. Not the fastest in raw speed of course, but if you're doing a lot of multitasking in office type apps they'll still keep up with the best of them.

i would say the dualies - PIII are great chips in many ways

what will the system be primarly used for? that is the deciding factor.

Skiing Squirrel said:
I hope so... Mine will be getting up and running in a week or so. Would you take a 1.4ghz athlon or dual 933's?
Dual 933s in a heartbeat.

Actually, an AMD Athlon XP 1800 was going to replace a dual PII450, and the price range is similar between the dual pIII 933 and a single athlon 1800.

It would be for basic word processing, light photoshop, internet...etc ..everyday home stuff.

So I was trying to see if the VP6 was worth it

thanks

for multi task like u want to use - got with the dual 933's - your system will sail along nicely running all of those apps all @ once.

once the mobo arrives i will havea dual 733 set up with a 1g of ram and some ultras SCSI 160 drives which i am going to through my old ati rage 128 AIW card in and use to record shows :D

vp6 is fine

i built my system a few years ago and have had no problems.i have duel 866 s .i would like for it to be a little faster now but it takes everything i throw at it.

Back