• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kd7-raid + Mp 2600+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

typhoonmike

Anyone using the KD7 boards with the MP processors? I purchased one about 2 months back and just now getting around to putting it in. Computer was fine with the old Tbred 2100+ but after installing the MP it won't power up at all. Power is getting to the motherboard(little light comes on), but when I hit the power button I get nothing. Am I out of luck with the new mobile chip fad? I can tear everything down and make sure everything is hooked up right and no shorts but if it's the processor I'd just as soon throw the old processor back in.

If the mobile can work on this board then I've either got something screwed up or the processor is dead. If the processor is dead then I'm out of luck since Newegg only has a 30day warranty on OEM processors.

Well now I don't know what to do.

Checked website to MAKE SURE the motherboard/bios supported the Barton 2600+. It did.

Tested power supply by jumpering it. It worked.

Reseated CPU. No good.

Reseated RAM and made sure all connections were connected. No good.

Used screwdriver to jumper the power switch on motherboard to make sure it wasn't just the power switch. No good.

Removed new CPU and put old CPU in that was running last night until I shut it down to remove it. It don't work.

Hooked up known working PSU just in case. Still no good.

Removed motherboard for visual inspection. No scratches or burns. No bulging or leaking capacitors. Put motherboard back in making extra sure it wasn't shorting on anything. Still no good.

So either I've managed to somehow screw up to perfectly good CPUs just by installing them properly or my motherboard decided to die right after I turned the computer off and installed the new CPU which seems very unlikely. It is a refurbished board that I got from ABIT after RMAing my previous board because of a problem that still existed with the refurbished board.

Anyone else know of any tests I could do? I don't know anyone else that runs an AMD processor to test out the chip and I don't have another one lying around. Power supplies work and the old processor was working before I took it out to install the new one. At a loss. Really don't want to have to buy a new motherboard but I'm a bit leary about trying to RMA this one also since ABIT could just send me another board that will go belly up within 1yr.

Back