• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally got it OC'd - whats next?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

VideoPhreak

Registered
Ok I am really new to this game but I have read hundreds of pages here and elsewhere so I hope i am learning.

Here's what I have so far:

Epox 8K7a+
Athlon 1.33 AHYJA
Crucial PC2100/DDR (256 x 2)
SwifTech MC462-A rev 1 hsf
Radeon 64 DDR
SB live 5.1+
IBM 60GXP (20 gig x 2) RAID 0
Sony CDR
Sony Floppy

Current (stable so far) settings
10.5 x 133
for a total of 1473 Mhz ?

the system is currently (and all last night running Prime95)
Temp's: CPU- 40 c, system - 33c and there is another sensor that I am not sure what it is monitoring but it reads 24c.

what should I do next? I am stuck at the 10.5 multiplier everytime I tried to increase it the system wont boot at all, I went to 11.5, and then back to 11.0 and got locked out, so then I tried to increase the core voltage by one notch (+0.1v) and that didnt help...still locked out w\either of those settings, then I
went back to the 10.5 setting and it booted.

5v is at 4.80v
Core 0 is at 1.78v
Core 1 is at 1.54v

Should I try increasing the FSB by 1 click at a time? should I be worried about the 5v readout? I am willing to try and push this thing a little harder....I think I have good components here but what do you guys think? where is the limit?

You should be able to increase your vcore up to at least 1.85 without worrying, and most likely even higher; Just keep a close eye on your temps.
That should allow you to start bumping up the fsb slowly to see how high you can get. You might also be able to get the 11x mulitplier if you increase the voltage.

What power supply do you have? Your 5v seems a little low, although I wouldn't worry too much about it.

With your components, you should be able to push it fairly hard.
You will find your limit when you can't push it any further.

good luck!

What next?

Ok I did increase the Vcore to 1.87 (up one notch) seem to boot normal with same settings, now I have increased the fsb to 136
when I boot, the bios screen shows me at 1447 Mhz however mobo monitor shows me at 1524 Mhz which is it? anyway it seems to be running stable so far at this setting, I will play a few games of UT to get it going a little....as I start to go up more should I focus on the FSB settings or should I try to go up in Vcore as well and then try for a higher multiplier setting?
really not sure where to go from here.

Back