• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats a suitable upgrade from a 4400Ti?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Quattro

Unfortunatly my 4400Ti has broke and Creative wont fix it.

So now I need to get a new card, I'd like to stick with nVidia but I am open to suggestions.

What graphics card is the same performance as the 4400ti?
So I know what is the lowest card I should get.

Thanks.

When does the 6800 actually come out?
I can't wait that long for a decent graphics card, the GeForce2 isn't terrible it's just not what I am used too.

Stupid Creative refuse to repair it under warranty, because it was a replacement card for the card that preceeded it.

TheMightyBuck said:
probably a gffx 5600 or 5700

maybe a gffx 5200 oc'd to hell!

5200 & 5600 are slower than the Ti series. I've run both FX cards, and they are crap.

A 9500np can be had for under 100 bucks and does pretty well with DX9 games, especially if you can softmod it.

well I did have a MSI 5200FX and it was pretty damn crap, the 4400ti was over twice and good in benchmarks.

I'l like to be able to hit over 16k in it with my current system.

What exactly is Softmod?

ATM, a 5900XT is ideal. Also, I'm curious how many times your card has broke? 'Cause I remember reading a thread you started about what card you should get not too long ago.. :D

My card did break before, then I left it for a while and tried it...
It was working fine for a few months, but now it has really crapped out.

is a 5600 crap?

I don't really want to spend a huge amount.
Absolutely no more than £200, but over £100 is alright.

Quattro said:
I don't really want to spend a huge amount.
Absolutely no more than £200, but over £100 is alright.

I cannot fault the XFX 5900XT

I upgraded from a killer Ti4200, and I'm not looking back.

It was about 150 quid from ebuyer including VAT.

Excellent card, but don't take my word for it :)

MrBozack said:

I cannot fault the XFX 5900XT

I upgraded from a killer Ti4200, and I'm not looking back.

It was about 150 quid from ebuyer including VAT.

Excellent card, but don't take my word for it :)

Damn... Looks like I amd going to have to get an 5900XT now.
Oh well better start saving, or beg.

5900XTs are not all the same

Most 5900XTs have 700mhz Memory (2 x 350 RAMDAC)
The XFX version comes in at 800mhz stock, and Automatically overclocks to well over 900mhz.

Mine runs daily at 456 core and 900 memory.

Spending £150 on a XFX (Pine) AGP card worried me a little, but I'll gladly buy Pine AGP card again.

A Good XFX 5900XT Review. (in German, but accurate benchmark info)

I tried a 9800Pro, 5600U and a 5700U.
This card was the only one that made me feel totally satisfied with my £150 loss.

I think thats gonna be the card for me...
Now how to save for a deposit on a flat and a new graphics card, and a holiday...

crap, this is gonna be hard. I guess no eating or washing for a month or so.

How much is $299 US in Euro?

The 6800 non-ultra supposedly will have an MSRP of $299 US, so that could be a good option. I'm not sure if resellers would immediately sell it under that or not, but you can always consider it. It'd be quite a bit better than a 5900 XT, but more expensive, of course.

Although it sounds like you're sort of strapped for cash so in that case the 5900 XT would probably be the choice for you.

Back