• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.8e temps 49/30 C? isnt that kinda high

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gotskill10

Registered
Hey, Im running an MSI Neo2 platinum board with a 2.8 E processor. Im not over clocking but those are the temps I have. I think thats a little high. What do you guys say? I have a volcano 7+ on the cpu. I want to replace it witha 20 dollar solution, do you guys have anything in mind?

those temps are fine for stock. you will def want lower if you want to OC. the v7 is not a good very good choice for a new gen cpu. for $20 your not going to get anything better either. expect to pay at least $30 + fan. i'd list some examples of good hs/f's but i'm an amd guy lately :)

Take a look at the SP-94 HS by www.thermalright.com .Look on the Support page under mobo compatabilty, to see if your mobo's listed to be compatable..Don't cheat your cooling or your PSU..These are the 2 most important aspects of your rig's health and stability..Forget the rest and get the best..See my sig of my rig below..It would help if you had one too..Sig of rig that is..:)

NICE BOARD CHOICE , I have the same board, love it, great for overclocking. I know for a fact that the slk-948 will fit on the board b/c I own it, and I'm pretty sure that the SP-94 will fit. The one thing that you might have to do is to trim a little off the edge of the northbridge HS b/c it hits the HSF a little when you're installing it. I had to take a hacksaw to mine and take off the fin on the very end of the HS to get it to fit w/o hitting the thermalright. By the way, those temps aren't bad at all, look at my sig for my temps with the slk and AS5, granted its summer, but still your temps aren't bad at all.
Good Luck.

Ohhhh, true. I forgot that he had a prescott... yeah, in that case, your temps aren't that bad. You want a $20 solution? To get an improvement in cooling, you'll have to go over 20. Just save up a little more and get a Thermalright with a nice fan and some AS5, doesn't get much better than that on the air side of things.

Back