• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

From DHCP to regular IP? How?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Detomaso

Registered
Hi all,

I am using an Artnet 4 port ADSL router - bridge. Currently they are setting IPs attached to the modem/router as 10.0.0.x through DHCP.

Is there any way to use the standard assigned 192.168.0.x. The configuration or control of the router is Connexant - Hasbani.

Thank you.

10.0.0.x is also a regular IP, not sure why you need to change your network address? Please be more specific

It is OK to leave it in the 10.x.x.x range, unless you want to change it for cosmetics.

The ranges for "private" networks are:
10.0.0.0 - 10.255.255.255
172.16.0.0 - 172.31.255.255
192.168.0.0 - 192.168.255.255

So, the 10.x.x.x network is fine for a private home network.

Detomaso said:
Hi all,

I am using an Artnet 4 port ADSL router - bridge. Currently they are setting IPs attached to the modem/router as 10.0.0.x through DHCP.

Is there any way to use the standard assigned 192.168.0.x. The configuration or control of the router is Connexant - Hasbani.

Thank you.

you could disable dhcp server on the router

then go around to each of you computers and give them a static ip address (dont forget to add dns server)

but if you ask me, theres no real reason to give it a 192.xxx ip address

Thanks guys, Im not that good in networking, I've just found out that DHCP is much easier than static IP as everything is plug & play for new PCs.

Well, the reason is why is my network so slow & buggy? Sometimes I can't access the network due to the slowness.

Thanks.

how is your network set up at the moment? have you checked all cables? Slow and buggy implies dodgy equipment or one its parts is flooding the rest

Back