• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9800 pro with TEC (pics)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overbrazil

hi Friends, just have finished the mcw50t installation. I didnt use the foam suplied by swiftech, neither the usual nuts and bolts.:D
Just used a DCP(Plate to fix bone fractures) plate back of the board...

Attachments

• p1010041.jpg
    p1010041.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 468
Last edited:
looks good, can we see pic of the other side too? How far have you been able to push it with the TEC? I suppose you are using the 80W TEC the block come with, do you feel it is enough for the card?

well, finally i reached 495 Mhz without vmods. I am using a 80 W.
I was afraid of the insulation, cause here is hot and humidity.

Attachments

• p1010043.jpg
    p1010043.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 415
How do you like that MCW50? I just bought one off the forums and am waiting for it to come in. Whats all the stuff around the foam?

Overbrazil said:
well, finally i reached 495 Mhz without vmods. I am using a 80 W.
I was afraid of the insulation, cause here is hot and humidity.

Is that completely stable...at 495?

I can run at 500Mhz on core...with no V mods and on air...for a few runs of 01/03...

480/380 is perfectly stable for my card...

Was thinking of doing the samething you did when I have the v mods done too it...

How are the temps on the VC when ran at 495 after a few hours?

glock19owner, i am still testing the 9800. But is stable at it.
JDizzle, this is a good block, but without TEC. Around the foam is Dieletric Grease and conformal coat.

Attachments

• p1010031.jpg
    p1010031.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 351
Let me know how your temps are on the VC after you are done testing them...

BTW - 500Mhz core on my card is strickly air cooled...so I am hopping for 520 - 530 (stable) on WC/pelt setup after the V Mods...

man, i need to get me one of those pelt setups. the core on my 9800se (128bit) did 480 stock volts wc'd. im at 540 now with volt mods. but grats on the oc. you'll probably be able to hit 550core after volt mods :D so cranck that sucker.

Looks great! If you have a thermal sensor, the place to put it is underneath the back-piece of insulation, right up against the back of the core.

Are you still considering a secondary loop for the peltiered GPU waterblock? I'm also wondering if adding the peltier actually helped your RAM overclock at all, from before when it was air cooled with RAMsinks. It might just be me, but I found that my snow-free RAM overclock went up about 5 MHz after pelting my card.

And how are your core temperatures looking? I'm curious as I've got a peltiered 9800 Pro here as well.

Glock19owner - that's insane - 500 MHz artifact free on stock air and voltage? You need to get a core volt mod, and a peltier/waterblock on that beast :).

felinusz said:
Glock19owner - that's insane - 500 MHz artifact free on stock air and voltage? You need to get a core volt mod, and a peltier/waterblock on that beast :).

Getting that done in the next week or so...along with all v mods for the NF7...

felinusz said:
Looks great! If you have a thermal sensor, the place to put it is underneath the back-piece of insulation, right up against the back of the core.

Are you still considering a secondary loop for the peltiered GPU waterblock? I'm also wondering if adding the peltier actually helped your RAM overclock at all, from before when it was air cooled with RAMsinks. It might just be me, but I found that my snow-free RAM overclock went up about 5 MHz after pelting my card.

And how are your core temperatures looking? I'm curious as I've got a peltiered 9800 Pro here as well.

thanks felinusz, no i forgot this idea.with one loop, the temps increased a bit, like 4 or 5 C, but still bleeding and curing the AS5.

Back