• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How well does the Asus A7V-333 OC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

knux125

What processor gets more bang for the buck?

Sorry, I typed in the wrong thread name and I can rename it...

Im considering one of these three processors:

"Normal" Barton 2500+
"Mobile" Barton 2400+
"Mobile" Barton 2500+

Im considering the mobiles because of their unlocked multipliers, why buy an expensive processor when you can OC to near 3200+ speeds? The "normal" Barton is the cheapest, and I am on a budget.

My current processor is the Palomino (ugh) 2100+. Is it cost effective to upgrade and what processor gets me the best bang for the buck (including overclockability).

Last edited:
Cheapest mobile is not that much more expensive than desktop Barton overall so why even consider desktops?

unless your really really really into overclocking dont spend the extra bucks on the mobile. The desktop works perfectly. Some people can get away with a 200FSB with those at 1.65v, one of those ppl is me. 80bucks for a 3200+ sounds like a deal to me. the multiplier 11 is perfect, best number possible.

I got "Mobile" Barton 2500+

Normally it works 14*133FSB....but my ASUS A7V-333 allows only 12.5 X multiplier...weird....

anyway i oced it 12.5*145FSB works OK.....

i need to get new MOBO.....

or something else ?

Back