• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Brand new Iwaki 20RLZT's on E-bay.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

UberBlue

Completely NUTS
Yeah yeah, spare me the cyber deals lecture. These are very specific to water cooling.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=46547&item=3812766532&rd=1

Two available. Brand new. Jump on these.

They are WMD models, but don't fall victim to the "MD's are far superior", which IMHO, is a load of poppycock. I've had my WMD for almost a year now and would buy another in a heartbeat if I needed one.

And I personaly have absolutely nothing to do with auction.

Oops, shouldn't just look at marinedepot for prices, apparently I paid too much for my used Iwaki :cry:

A little bit shady...being sold as-is...6 feedback, all from sellers.

If the bidding stays low I guess it'd be worth the risk.

_Siph

If you'll notice, the seller doesn't have a clue what he's sitting on. I'm betting he's a building supper or landlord that had some tenants bail on him. Now he's selling "abandoned goods" to recoup his losses. They are new, or look it, because they are still bolted to the piece of wood they are shiped on.

And don't you guys know not to bid till the last minute to keep the price down? Amateurs.

This is an American made WMD model whereas most people going for Iwaki pumps go for the Japanese made MD models because they are smaller in size, run cooler, and aparently last longer. However this is still a good price.

This is an American made WMD model whereas most people going for Iwaki pumps go for the Japanese made MD models because they are smaller in size, run cooler, and aparently last longer.

I'm kinda tired of seeing this posted over and over about the American motored pumps. It's likely your Iwaki pump will outlive you and attend your funeral, regardless of whether it's got an American or Japanese motor. Where's the proof that the Japanese motored pumps last longer?

Sure, the American pumps do run a little bit hotter, but they are also a heck of a lot less expensive - which counts for something in my books.

Animal982 said:
This is an American made WMD model whereas most people going for Iwaki pumps go for the Japanese made MD models because they are smaller in size, run cooler, and aparently last longer. However this is still a good price.

hmm - given that they both have the same power draw, and performance, surely the only way that MDs could "run cooler" than WMDs is by dumping more heat into the water, which would make them worse for our purposes????

i suppose i should "declare an interest" here as thanks to Uberblue's recommendation (iirc) i am the proud owner of a pair of iwaki WMD pumps :cool:

Interesting, the seller lives real close to me. I just did a pickup on a ebay transaction today that saved me a bunch from shipping charges (30$!). Wonder if I can "persuade" this guy :p. Wait, I already have another iwaki sitting here collecting dust I haven't gotten around to using. I really need to jbweld my wallet shut or something...

If you look at items sold by seller, he has 12 auctions that was started in the period of two days. That's crazy for a guy who been a member since Jan but only has 7 feedback (all from buying instead of selling as well). Lol, maybe the tenant theory is true or something else. :D

UberBlue said:
If you'll notice, the seller doesn't have a clue what he's sitting on. I'm betting he's a building supper or landlord that had some tenants bail on him. Now he's selling "abandoned goods" to recoup his losses. They are new, or look it, because they are still bolted to the piece of wood they are shiped on.

And don't you guys know not to bid till the last minute to keep the price down? Amateurs.

LOL! i wanted to but i be at school when it finishes.
and who u calling amateur? i almost got me a light blue star :p

i just ended up paying 200 bucks on my car, i'm going to have to lower the max bid..

hmm - given that they both have the same power draw, and performance, surely the only way that MDs could "run cooler" than WMDs is by dumping more heat into the water, which would make them worse for our purposes????
no actualy motor design can lower heat by using more efficient brush and bearing designs

Back