• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

lcd size vs crt size

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vrykyl

Tornado Guy
Which TFT to choose

im about to make the jump from my 19" mitsubishi pro930 crt to a 17" iiyama e431s 16ms - however - im confused as to whether the screen size on the iiyama is actually 17" - iv been told that whilst '19"' on my crt isnt actually all viewable (its about 18"), that '17" on a tft is actually the viewable area....
is this true? if i get the iiyama will it have a viewable screen size of 17"? or will it be like only 16"? losing 1" of screen size for the convenience of a tft i can deal with - but i dont really wana lose 2" off my screen size. Can anyone help?

Last edited:
damn - the iiyama i wanted sold out. Ok I preferably want a 17" tft in black or silver, 16ms response and with dvi as iv heard there is a significant IQ improvement over d-sub. my 3 choices for my new TFT are now -

17" Phillips 1704B4BS TFT 16ms
17" Iiyama Prolite E430 Black 16ms (but no DVI) or the
17" BenQ FP767 V2 (but what color is this??? silver? i dont want white)

Which would anyone recomend? Theres also a 12ms Benq HERE
, but its has no DVI . Any experiences with either of these 3? Is dvi really that good? if it doesnt make much difference i may well go for the 12ms Benq

Last edited:
lcds are true to size.

crts are about 1" smaller.

good choice moving to lcd. i dont have an lcd, but i think they are awesome.

Thanks Jo-Jo.,
anyone out there got any of these tfts?

Back