• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temperature Issues.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

realnerd

Registered
Hello I'm having some temperature issues in my water cooling Kit. I'm running about 48c my overclock is picture below.

realnerd48c.png

I plan on replacing the 80mm radiator that came with the SwiftTech kit...but I'm wondering what other radiators or heater cores I should use along with what it COULD bring my temp down to.

I was thinking of that Chevette core that some are talking about or the Black Ice Extreme II. Both of these would be added into my system I don't plan on taking out the other radiator.

Any suggestions I would greatly appreciate.

Nice OC man :D .

I would suggest the chevette core or the caprice core if you are looking for one that would easily fit inside your case. Another option is the fedco 342 (which can run 2x120mm) which you could still fit inside most cases but it requires you to be a bit more creative. Go with a heatercore from a auto shop though since its a lot cheaper.

I would expect you to possibly drop your temps by 8c or even more.

Thanks for the reply I appreciate it...If I can get this thing to drop 8c I'd be thrilled.

I'm going to buy the core today and then see how I'm going to work it in.

I think I can get this thing to atleast 2800 pretty easy if I can get the temp settled.

Wow... 2800 as in 2.8ghz on a Barton 2500+??? That would be impressive indeed. Especially with your FSB as high as it is... what voltage you at?

realnerd said:
Hello I'm having some temperature issues in my water cooling Kit. I'm running about 48c my overclock is picture below.

realnerd48c.png

I plan on replacing the 80mm radiator that came with the SwiftTech kit...but I'm wondering what other radiators or heater cores I should use along with what it COULD bring my temp down to.

I was thinking of that Chevette core that some are talking about or the Black Ice Extreme II. Both of these would be added into my system I don't plan on taking out the other radiator.

Any suggestions I would greatly appreciate.

I unless you have room for a Swiftech AND a BIX2 (frigging big), I would suggest Chevette core (JR-120 basically I think).

Definetly a HC, I think that 2800 and 8c are a bit opptimistic. Can you read the water temp?

That would give you the best prediction to what your temps could be lowered to.

Well we found an 86 Chevette core at an Autozone in town...We will be installing it tomorrow.
I think it will drop it enough to run 2.8ghz that's being optimistic.

I'll let you all know by tomorrow night what the temp dropped to.

To answer the voltage question I am currently at 1.70v on my cpu. I can go as high as 2.0v and maybe more not really sure.

But there is definate room to play.

I'll also post screens of what I max out at for those non-believers.

Hey woofer saw you on the other forums nice setup man...I think the addiction of this heater core will drop be below 40c on my OC which is pictured above...with my fsb being almost 240 I think the performance is going to be awesome.

Back