• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are these readings ok?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Artyboy

I have an Enermax 420w noisetaker. It's been pretty good to me but I think that the vcore is kind of low. I was just wondering if it could be the reason that I can't take my cpu any farther. Here's what mbm is reading my voltages as:

Vcore - 1.64-1.68 (I have it set to 1.70 in the bios.
+3.3v - 3.25-3.28
+5.0v - 4.95-5.0
+12v - 11.76-11.82

Don't trust the MBM readings for an Accurate mesurment they are easily off by a lot. Get a multimeter and test the rails with it. Here is instructions on how to tests the rails.

I'm using hardware doctor not mbm sorry. I know that software probably isn't accurate but let's just pretend that it is for a second. If HD's readings are accurate then how do these rails look? I don't have a multimeter and I don't know anyone that has one. I'd rather not go buy one just to see if HD is reading voltages accurately.

Those arn't to bad they could be better but they arn't critical yet. I would still go pick up a cheap multimeter from Radioshack they arn't that expensive plus you can use them for more than just your computer.

Back