• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

URGENT! need 9800NP bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Krowa 02

Im in a bit of a problem here with my video card, and I dont have a better heatsink to replace this crappy iceberq one, does anyone have the 9800np bios. My card crashes alot, cant stand this anymore.

K got it, works fine now. I tried lowering the clock but it didnt help. The card isnt so hot anymore now, doesent crash anymore.

r9800 pro

right i tried the ati tool on my built by ati 9800 pro 128 and it ran fine on 412/365 no probs at all
so i flashed it to xt bios it now has flashing on the screen and artifacts when i try any 3d program and yellow pixels on the ati tool screen
any ideas cos it did the speeds fine on the 9800 pro bios i am running standard cooler could it be that?

Try a different XT BIOS. A couple of XT BIOSes I tried resulted in immediate display corruption (not a black screen or anything, but everything 2-D from boot onwards was messed). I eventually found one that worked with my card.

Krowa 02 said:
K got it, works fine now. I tried lowering the clock but it didnt help. The card isnt so hot anymore now, doesent crash anymore.

You going to get a better cooler and try clocking it back up? Or do you not feel you need the additional speed?

right i tried the ati tool on my built by ati 9800 pro 128 and it ran fine on 412/365 no probs at all
so i flashed it to xt bios it now has flashing on the screen and artifacts when i try any 3d program and yellow pixels on the ati tool screen
any ideas cos it did the speeds fine on the 9800 pro bios i am running standard cooler could it be that?

if u have the r350 core, u proably don't want to flash w/ xt bios. if u have the r360 core, then it's a better idea.

having an r350 core, and flashing with xt bios is like me having a kt266 chipset, ,and flashing the bios with and nforce2 mobo bios, just because i want it faster.

u need to have the same hardware.

Back