• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Geforce Mx400 Corruption + Instability on Kt7a

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Beggar

Registered
Help!

My problem is pretty much the following:
Purchased an inno3d Mx400 for my abit kt7a, put it in the board booted, no problems, then the instability kicked in, 4 days later i started getting graphical corruption every where, even on bootup and in the bios, I read somewhere that dropping the io voltage from 3.4 to 3.3 got rid of corruption, this worked very nicely, but now I just cant get the stupid thing stable. I have fiddled all the bios settings I think would do something but to no avail.

I have tried the card in my friends jet board and it works fine, and stuck my old voodoo in my machine and it also works fine.

Is there an in-compatibility between the mx400 and the kt7a perhaps?

Need suggestions

System setup
Abit-Kt7a
Althon 1000 @ 133 fsb
Inno3d Geforce Mx400 64mb
128mb 133Mhz Ram
300W psu (micron who ever they are)
Soundblaster live 1024 (Same problems in or out the machine)

I don't know but your starting to really make me wonder. I have a Hercules Prophet 2 MX and a Visiontek MX400 and both are suffering from similar problems.

I removed the 3DProphet in favor of the Visiontek and 32 extra megs of memory but the only card I have that will run w/o any problems on my KT7AR is my Hercules Kyro 2.

Hmmmm....anyone else heard about or experiencing the same problems???

I have quite a few problems with this card but I think it is more a fact that we should have forked out more lolly and got a good card:confused:

It maybe a compatability issue as you suggest but if you look at the 3d 2001 scores for this card compared to the rest you can see that this card soon becomes a bottleneck in a good rig.
Try a great big fan on there and see if that improves things otherwise save your pennies:p

expaddy said:
I have quite a few problems with this card but I think it is more a fact that we should have forked out more lolly and got a good card:confused:

Yeah but a hercules card? From what I've read and seen posted here, hercules uses top notch components on their boards and that's why they cost a little more.

I could certaintly understand your point w/ the Visiontek. I am not very happy w/ that card. It was a steal pricewise but the craftsmanship of the board compared to something from Hercules or Asus is def. down a notch IMHO.

Beggar said:
Help!

My problem is pretty much the following:
Purchased an inno3d Mx400 for my abit kt7a, put it in the board booted, no problems, then the instability kicked in, 4 days later i started getting graphical corruption every where, even on bootup and in the bios, I read somewhere that dropping the io voltage from 3.4 to 3.3 got rid of corruption, this worked very nicely, but now I just cant get the stupid thing stable. I have fiddled all the bios settings I think would do something but to no avail.

I have tried the card in my friends jet board and it works fine, and stuck my old voodoo in my machine and it also works fine.

Is there an in-compatibility between the mx400 and the kt7a perhaps?

Need suggestions

System setup
Abit-Kt7a
Althon 1000 @ 133 fsb
Inno3d Geforce Mx400 64mb
128mb 133Mhz Ram
300W psu (micron who ever they are)
Soundblaster live 1024 (Same problems in or out the machine)

I also had the same problem with my lame abit kt7 card!!

Got feed up and switced to asus a7v133 and my gf2mx card has been working ok since

KT7A Wierdness...

Huh. I'm using a Suma Platinum Geforce2 MX 400 w/ 64 megs and I've had very occasional glitches/lockups, but nothing like what you're experiencing... My problems seem more likely to be attributable windows stupidity than hardware conflicts. about once a week, I'll crash to a black screen with a few green dotted lines at the top of the screen, usually after playing Anarchy Online for a while. My main problem with the KT7A is USB troubles. I finally had to get a USB card and turn off onboard USB... BIOS kept assigning my Soundblaster Live and my TV Wonder VE to the same IRQ as USB. *shrug* Have you tried moving your other cards to different slots? as quirky as these boards are, that might solve the problem.

Canthus

abit KT7a
T-Bird 1200@1200 (Waiting on a better cooling setup!)
512 megs Micron PC133
Soundblaster Live! XGamer
TV Wonder VE
Linksys ethernet/cablemodem
USB card w/ various devices. :)
90 gigs of ATA/100 goodness.

Re: KT7A Wierdness...

canthus13 said:
Huh. I'm using a Suma Platinum Geforce2 MX 400 w/ 64 megs and I've had very occasional glitches/lockups, but nothing like what you're experiencing... My problems seem more likely to be attributable windows stupidity than hardware conflicts. about once a week, I'll crash to a black screen with a few green dotted lines at the top of the screen, usually after playing Anarchy Online for a while. My main problem with the KT7A is USB troubles. I finally had to get a USB card and turn off onboard USB... BIOS kept assigning my Soundblaster Live and my TV Wonder VE to the same IRQ as USB. *shrug* Have you tried moving your other cards to different slots? as quirky as these boards are, that might solve the problem.

Canthus

abit KT7a
T-Bird 1200@1200 (Waiting on a better cooling setup!)
512 megs Micron PC133
Soundblaster Live! XGamer
TV Wonder VE
Linksys ethernet/cablemodem
USB card w/ various devices. :)
90 gigs of ATA/100 goodness.

I have built a comp to my parents-in-law

Abit KT7A
T-bird1000/266
Hercules Geforce2 MX400

It dose the same with the few green dotted lines at the top of the screen. But not only when they have played games also just booting.

I think that there is a HUGE problem with the Hercules and the KT7A. Maybe we shod contact Abit or Hercules?? and tell them about the problem.
Are you running the bus at 133/266Mhz??

Regards brint

Hercules....

Doesn't seem to be just hercules, but GF2 MX 400 cards in general.. Nvidia should be the ones to contact. I'm headed over to their website right now to see what I can find.

Canthus

Okay...I have tried various Via 4in1 versions, many detonator versions, voltage, and speed adjustments, etc. Nothing worked with the MX400.

I swapped my Kyro II back in, no problem. I tried an ATI card...no problem. I'm stumped but I'm leaning towards the card/GPU type as opposed to the Mobo. Must have something to do with the way the GeForce2 and maybe 3 lines of chips utilize the AGP standard/bus.

Must...figure...out...must..find...answer...

Same prob with my mobo! mobo? yep the KT133/133a has a prob running with a 266fsb clock on your cpu. check out my post "GF2MX default memory & core speed" & try the links.

Back