• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temps are through the roof! Need help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

afireinside

I have a procore with a pushpull setup with 2 80 CFM fans and one shroud. Mag3 pump and Maze4 waterblock. I've moved back into my room and ambiant temps are alot higher than in my basement (85-90F up here) and I have 45C idle 1.8V 2ghz on my AXP now :/

Would getting a dualie heatercore and an RBX block bring my temps down substantually?

Thats not all that hot, the air went out at my job and my WC rig is around 43-46 depending on what I'm doing. Its about 90 in there now. Hot enough that I cant sit there for more than 20 min without feeling like I'm gonna pass out. Hope they fix it on monday.

That is not that hot, but it possibly could be quite hot if you are reading your socket temp. If I have a load temp of 45°C on my socket, my CPU core is really at about 78-83°C. Dont trust your socket temps! Read the diode or LM90 remote in MBM. Click the first link in my signature for the thread I created on this. Your CPU diode temps will be higher than what you normally expect naturally. If you have a similar situation to what I had, they will be ALOT higher.

Anyways, for the CPU core, up to 60 would probably be safe for an Intel and up to about 70 for an AMD.

Now, to lower your temps, there are a few things you can do at little cost. First, if you have not already, you can lap your CPU block. Second, you could take your rad out of your case and locate it closer to something cooler. If your computer is on a desk and you are near a window you could probably do something to get some fresh air to it, or perhaps an air conditioning vent. But, you could always go to a junkyard and rip a heatercore out of an old car and use 2 of them.

Good Luck!
-0cer
:cool:

Well I restarded when I hit 51C... I'll try changing the thing in MBM5. My core is behind my case about 5 feet from the window which i opened...

EDIT:
changed it to blah blah blah diode and its 31C now :)

Back