• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question regarding my Antec TruPower 430

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ludivous_Kain

Right now, I'm running the system listed in my sig. In the near future (like a day or so after it actually becomes available) I will be buying the new GeForce 6800 Ultra card. I've heard rumors about how much power the card will actually use, and every one of them says that the most important thing is a stable 12v line.

At this point, I'm unsure as to whether or not I need to upgrade my PSU to a higher load one, possibly with Active PFC. I'll likely be doing a bit of overclocking to the vid card too, since I have a liquid cooling system (CPU Temp list: Ambient=22C; Idle=32C; Load=40C)

My main concern lies with the 12v rail. The 12v rail is the main core voltage for the CPU, and everything tends to run off it (for instance, every case fan runs from the 12v rail).

My other concern is with the actual power consumption. I've seen a few reviews who deem the power usage around 15-170 watts. I don't know how accurate that is, but it may be true since the card has a second molex plug.

I know the card isn't out yet, but I'd still be nice to know if I'm able to use my current PSU, or whether I'd need to get a new one.

Back