• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sp-94 = panaflo high=good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

magick_man

Forum Magician
sp-94 + panaflo high=good?

title is supposed to be "sp-94 + panaflo high = good?" but i am retarded

would a 92mm panaflo highspeed on a sp-94 be a good combo?
i am planning on putting it on my nexus controller so i will be able to sleep

Thnx, Magick_Man

A better part of users here use that fan, the medium flow, smart fan 2 or tornado on their sp94. so yes. it will be a good combination. the later of the fans i listed will provide you with better temps i think, but the panaflo has remarkable cfm/dba. it will make you happy.

sweet but i am hoping to get away with more like possibly up to 800mhz or more *crosses fingers*
meh well see
Thnx Redstone

Magick_Man

that thing is like 60 cfm isnt it? you might di a little bit better to grab a SF2 in honestly. they are really powerful for 80 mm and wont keep you up at night like a tornado will. a lot of people speak of the sf2 with a dirty mouth but... well. i have both. 80 mm sf2 and a 92 mm tornado and they arent even comparable.
its something to think about. that panny will cool really well and be really quiet, so its a great choice ^^
if you find that you need more downt he road, which is entirely possible *has baught 6 fans for cpu cooling alone*
its nice to know there is headroom.

yeah cuz i had those tornadoes and even on the lowest setting on the nexus you can still hear them in the hall with my door closed
i am hoping that this one wont be very loud
should i hook it to the nexus or to the mobo?
and hook some other fan to the mobo

valk i feel ur pain until about august last year i was stuck with a hp pavilion with a 633 or something mhz processor and 128mb pc100 it was so SLOW

Magick_Man

ooooh god.. i hate my nexus. it makes more noise than my fans.... it doesnt really matter what you plug it into. the panys are able to plug safely into a mobo header. i would dissable fan detection though and use the fan controller. then you can adjust it.

all my fans are connected to mine. regardless of pidliness. with this slow *** system, i can run all my fans at like 5 v if i want to... its just that crappy.

your going to be needing some new ram me thinks.

I recommend you go with the Panaflo 92mm U1BO: 3450 rpm @ 68.80 cfm/ 43dBA..full tilt. I run the U1A on my SP-94 HS, same specs as the U1BO..Mine is wired to the PSU via a 25 Ohm/ 3 watt # 271-265 Radio Shack rheostat..This way I can adjust its speed..You can get this U1BO at www.digikey.com Item # P11044-ND..See my sig of rig below..Individual results may vary..:)
You can also wire it to your fan controller, but I prefer my rheo. be on the back of the case to keep knob turners from seeing it..

RHEO. INSTALL GUIDE

Honestly don't be worried about anything over 60cfm. I've got just 60cfm on an Amd and the damn thing really keeps cool with an SLK-900a. Once you get those great copper heatsinks you don't need immense fan power unless you're doing something very extreme.

Back