• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3.2c sweet spot...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

daos

Registered
well fellas, i finally found the sweet spot on this 3.2c i purchsed about a month ago. i put it under stock cooling, and it did 4Ghz, so that was a good impression on me atleast. :) it wasnt stable at those speeds, but heck it booted windows at 1.65v on AIR!

so anyways, i have done countless hours of testing, blah blah blah, and this is what i have found to be the highest and most stable speed of my CPU under my Vapochill. im still working on my 9800XT, and trying to find its sweet spot. :)

the saga continues....

Attachments

• 267+.jpg
    267+.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 507
nice! :clap:

hehe i still have your 2.4 M0 core....this summer ill finally be getting to the volt mod on my board. highest stable OC i could get with my sp-94 is 295FSB (using the 3:2 divider)....hopefully i can do that with 5:4 after the volt mod. ive got big plans for my system, but im broke so im outa luck. wish i had the money to get something new every months :p . good luck with your XT! wish i had one, or better yet a X800 XT (when they come out).....i might have to move to amd when its time to redo my system, unless Intel has something better than AMD's socket 939 CPUs by the time im ready to upgrade.

i got a great chip also. my ram will run 264 stable so im at 263 lol
1:1
awesome chips the 3.2's
overclock6.JPG

hmm, seems like this is the norm with the 3.2's. i was thinking that this was a gem type chip. :) heck 4Ghz on air was pretty impressive to say the least.

gustav, that CPU you have does 300fsb with no problems at 1.625v. there is something up with your board, and i know exactly what it is. you need the droop mod done to the Asus. my freind has one and he would not get 250fsb stable on a 3.0Ghz. after the mod, 250 was 100% completely stable.

my advice to you is get the droop mod done, cause to see you running that chip at anything other than 300fsb makes me sick. ;)

heck, i would be willing to buy it back from you if you dont want it. :)

daos said:
hmm, seems like this is the norm with the 3.2's. i was thinking that this was a gem type chip. :) heck 4Ghz on air was pretty impressive to say the least.

gustav, that CPU you have does 300fsb with no problems at 1.625v. there is something up with your board, and i know exactly what it is. you need the droop mod done to the Asus. my freind has one and he would not get 250fsb stable on a 3.0Ghz. after the mod, 250 was 100% completely stable.

my advice to you is get the droop mod done, cause to see you running that chip at anything other than 300fsb makes me sick. ;)

heck, i would be willing to buy it back from you if you dont want it. :)

i dunno...i thought it was my cooling cut my temps arent much different than when running it at...i guess it is the "droop" thing.....though i set it in the bios to 1.7 and under load it said it was getting 1.65 but it still wouldnt run stable. do you have a link to a guide on how to do the droop mod? i might do it along with the volt mod over the summer...

i might consider you buying it back, but not right now....i want to get a nice 3.0 "WU" that will do 4ghz on air...hell one that would do 250fsb might even be nice....but im broke and im not decided yet.

oh yeah, im runnin her at 270 right now with stock vcore, 5:4 with my mem (wont do any higher). completely stable. like i say ive done up to 295 stable with the 3:2 divider (hell, i did this to get my highest 3dmark scores).

gustav said:

i dunno...i thought it was my cooling cut my temps arent much different than when running it at...i guess it is the "droop" thing.....though i set it in the bios to 1.7 and under load it said it was getting 1.65 but it still wouldnt run stable. do you have a link to a guide on how to do the droop mod? i might do it along with the volt mod over the summer...

i might consider you buying it back, but not right now....i want to get a nice 3.0 "WU" that will do 4ghz on air...hell one that would do 250fsb might even be nice....but im broke and im not decided yet.

oh yeah, im runnin her at 270 right now with stock vcore, 5:4 with my mem (wont do any higher). completely stable. like i say ive done up to 295 stable with the 3:2 divider (hell, i did this to get my highest 3dmark scores).
i want to do the droop mod also and the vmod, any pics and how tos would be awesome

why not? its very very simple. my IC7 is completly modded by Malves. he does all the work. just contact him. he is infamous for doing volt mods for people. probably does 2-3 boards a day. :)

jgtdragon said:
My 3.2c doesn't even make it to windows with 3.36 @ 210 fsb.
something is terribly wrong with that.
i got my 3.2 up 4.3++ the other day. i wont have much time here for the next few weeks but ill try and see what i can get it up to again, i was short on testing time.
i have a spare system thats a p4c800e-D MB im going to send out to malves to get fully modded when i get the money.
thanks for the link daos

Maybe I just don't know how to configure the P4c800-Dexule board. Everything is set auto and I set my fsb to 210 and it won't make it to windows.

I don't like how Asus put auto, and don't tell you the vaule. If I don't use cpuz I don't know either know what voltage the baord is set to.

jgtdragon said:
Maybe I just don't know how to configure the P4c800-Dexule board. Everything is set auto and I set my fsb to 210 and it won't make it to windows.

I don't like how Asus put auto, and don't tell you the vaule. If I don't use cpuz I don't know either know what voltage the baord is set to.
go into bios
go to advanced
jumper free-
set to manual, set everything at manual.
lock agp at 33.66
raise fsb 5 at a time with the + and - keys on the number pad on your key board
keep the voltages as low as possible to start

so start like this
cpu external frequency------210
cpu ratio----------------------locked anyways you cant mess with it
dram fequency----------------400
agp/pci frequency -----------66.33
cpu vcore voltage -----------1. XXX whatever is the lowest
ddr reference voltage-------2.75
agp vddq voltage -----------1.5

on the ddr reference voltage check with the manufacter of your ram as far as what it should be at. new usually lists it.
but your probably fine with the lowest or slightly above to start

ok you got into windows at 220 fsb? its pretty stable? good.
now go back to the bios, and do this

cpu external frequency------215
dram frequency---------------400

so you go xx5 at a time on the fsb, now you get to a point where it doesnt seem stable, try raising the ddr reference voltage a bit
still no help? raise the vcore 1 notch
dont go over 1.7 on your vcore
when your fsb gets up around where it should be for the ram your using and it seems like you cant get it stable no matter what try lowering the
to the lowest setting and is its stable then that tells you its the ram thats holding you back.

other random things to set in the bios.
spread spectrum- set it to disabled
try this for now. there is a lot more involved but this should get you on the right path.
im sure others will also add what else to try.

rhino56 said:

go into bios
go to advanced
jumper free-
set to manual, set everything at manual.
lock agp at 33.66
raise fsb 5 at a time with the + and - keys on the number pad on your key board
keep the voltages as low as possible to start

so start like this
cpu external frequency------210
dram fequency----------------400

on the ddr reference voltage check with the manufacter of your ram as far as what it should be at. new usually lists it.
but your probably fine with the lowest or slightly above to start

ok you got into windows at 220 fsb? its pretty stable? good.
now go back to the bios, and do this

cpu external frequency------215

so you go xx5 at a time on the fsb, now you get to a point where it doesnt seem stable, try raising the ddr reference voltage a bit
still no help? raise the vcore 1 notch
dont go over 1.7 on your vcore
when your fsb gets up around where it should be for the ram your using and it seems like you cant get it stable no matter what try lowering the
to the lowest setting and is its stable then that tells you its the ram thats holding you back.

other random things to set in the bios.
spread spectrum- set it to disabled
try this for now. there is a lot more involved but this should get you on the right path.
im sure others will also add what else to try.

WOW. Awesome. Thanks. I will try it out.

something else Rhino is not mentioning is that he and i are using Vapor Phase change cooling. :) that makes a huge difference in overclockability. although, you should be able to overclock your CPU more than 3.3Ghz, even on stock cooling.

yes just keep an eye on load temps, when they get to 50 thats too hot, not emergeny hot but everyday tolerence hot.
when i had my stock HS on i was hitting 3.9 with loads at 50

Be careful, however. Mobo diode calculations of CPU temps are notorious... there is 18-20c difference between Abit and Asus...

~t0m

Back