• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which DVD burner

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Om3gA

Registered
well i need to buy a dvd burner .. and i was wondering which ones you guys recommend .. i was thinking either the LiteOn Sohw or wutever its called .. pretty cheap .. only 98 dollars .. or the pioneer one 8x .. its like 116 .. ?? anyone ?

yeah i was thinking of that one .. how do you like it ?

Yup, I'm running the SOHW-812S, same as Kendan and I like it very much. It's fast, comes with a decent software package in the retail box and is utterly reliable, just like all LITEON drives. OK, So I'm a LITEON fanboy :), but only because their drives will not die.

if u really want to go all out Plextor Px 712 A... http://www.plextor.com/english/products/712A.htm

The PX-712A supports 12X DVD+R and 8X DVD-R Writing; 4X DVD+RW and 4X DVD-RW Rewriting; and 16X max DVD-Reading. The DVD/CD burner also boasts high-speed 48X CD-R Writing, 24X CD-RW Rewriting, and 48X max CD-Reading. The drive includes a bundle of premium Microsoft Windows - PlexTools Professional, compatible software from Roxio, including Roxio® Easy CD & DVD Creator™ 6 - DVD Edition, and Roxio PhotoSuite® 5 SE.

Bear in mind the 812 cannot burn dual-layers but the 832S can. A dual-layer DVD has exactly twice as much space, so twice as good lol! It is however slightly less than twice the price so take your pick...

If you do go for the 812, search for a firmware update that supposedly lets you burn dual-layers with the 812. And err let us know if it works lol! (Y)

Keep hacking! (Hacking in the 80's sense of the word not hacking as in illegal-breaking and entering ;-))

Daniel

Back