• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zalman Passive cooler causes freezing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bobaroo

Registered
I just got the ZalmanM80A-HP fanless VGA cooler for my Video Card, Gainward GeForce4 Ti4800se.

I have been trying to play some games and whenever I get into them my computer freezes, causes me to have to do a cold reboot. And the heatsink is pretty hot the touch, so maybe, it isn't cooling my card enough which is causing the freezing?

I don't think I can get that fan, because my model has no mounting area for it.

As for my case airflow....I have 2 rear 80mm exhaust, 120mm Fan in the front on my heatcore blowing, 80mm blowhole and my 2 fan PSU.

I took a spare 80mm fan and just put it on top of the video card, maybe it will help

1) ZM-OP1 is comprised of a 80mm slim fan and a fan grill. It can be attached without using a supporting bracket.

?
the HS does need some airflow to function well passively :)

see here javascript:newwin1('../../images/0311/ZM80C-HP/ZM80C-HP+OP2_b.gif')

aaah crapo it didnt work oh well n/m

Magick_Man

qvk

haha it worked

Personally, I have one of these coolers and I don't know that I'd recommend it unless your case has very good airflow. I've got the fan as well.

They are a pain to install and frankly, the cooling isn't great. It IS quiet though.

If you own one of the newer ATI cards, I'd get one of those arctic coolers.

Back