• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2600-m oc results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

topslop1

This is what I've done so far with my 2600 mobile, kingston bh-5 and my Dfi infinity.
myoc.jpg

and

ram.jpg

I'm waiting for a Fortron 530 watt power supply and then I'll take up my ram and my cpu a bit more. I'm currently limited by my crappy 3.3v rail which fluxuates and hangs around 3.16v

Goal being somewhere around 11x240. I'll see what the psu upgrade will prevail.

Nice overclock! Post again once you get that new PSU and get it clocked even higher.
By the way, in the future posts like this (dealing with one specific brand of CPU) generally belong in the specific forum for that appropriate CPU brand (i.e. the AMD CPU forums for this thread).
Good luck overclocking!

You will probably get better timings with 2-2-2-11 instead of 2-2-2-6. The way to check this is to set you timings then check with the "Benchmark" in Prime95.

The score from 2-2-2-6 to 2-2-2-11 might make you memory a slight bit faster.

Have you tried a lower voltage...the 2600 m I just sold could do 2.6Ghz at 1.77v's...100% stable...

I'm finding that I also have to up my Vcore to achieve a higher FSB. I get the impression that the memory is out-proforming the CPU and the CPU needs more to keep up with it.

I'm running 240 FSB right now at 1.675 but my multiplier is only at 5. When I kick it up to 11X232 I have to run Vcore at 1.90.

Getting ready to switch to WC. I have a couple of peltiers, a good PSU to power them and copper on the way to make my setup.

Maybe I can then run a higher FSB at a lower Vcore.

I haven't tried lowering the voltage actually but I'm only going to go up from here anyways. I just find the max voltage I can give with a suitable temperature and then I'm going to go up from there. I can't wait for the new psu this oc is going to be sweet. I'll try the 2-2-2-11 as well and see if benchmarks raise.

Nightmare said:
I'm finding that I also have to up my Vcore to achieve a higher FSB. I get the impression that the memory is out-proforming the CPU and the CPU needs more to keep up with it.

I'm running 240 FSB right now at 1.675 but my multiplier is only at 5. When I kick it up to 11X232 I have to run Vcore at 1.90.

there's something to it, i discovered i need .025 more volts at 240s than at 220s with basically same cpu speeds.

I will post up my results once I get my damn OS working. I know just looking in bios my 2600 M is at 2.4 without trying to push it (on air of course).

Back