• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's up with the 222fsb barrier?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jlin453

Well I've done nearly everything, all the voltage mods listed below, heatsinks on the mosfets, relaxed timings on various ram that's suppose to go high (hynix, my ch-5), have a 1u copper cooler on my NB, a 120mm fan blowing over the NB/ram area....

And i'm STILL stuck 222fsb, though with the L12 mod I can now boot into higher fsb but have errors in prime95. Before I couldn't even post anything higher than 225. I can get into windows with 240fsb and benchmark using sandra ( :) ) but it still fails prime and memtest.

Many others I've seen say they're stuck at 222. SO, is 222 THE limit for the older 2.0 boards? I bought mine last summer (version: plastic cpu handle, old mosfets, etc).

:(

I'm about to undo my mods and just give up. 222fsb at 2-2-2-11 ain't bad I suppose. :(

blackshadow, here, scroll down:

http://www.logan.eclipse.co.uk/abit_nf7_(s)_v2_0.htm

jlin453, Steven4563 is right, you know...

though, i found out that as you go to higher fsb's with nf7's, there's an increased need to find a fine balance as far as voltages are concerned. try experementing with adding another .25v to the vcore if you go past 230 as opposed to what you had at lower fsb even at the same speed; not sure why but it helps a bit.

it's still tricky. mine can post all the way to 262 but the highest i've got it to boot to windows was 244 (trying it out now for stability). the ram shouldn't be a concern - i swapped my ch5 for some adata.
still not sure what can be done to break 250...

i have a suspition nf7's are really picky hitting high fsb as far as memory goes.

edit: link fixed.

Last edited:
Is that a single stick of 512MB CH-5? Try the different mem banks, my BH-5 was picky on where they wanted to be.

JerMe said:
Is that a single stick of 512MB CH-5? Try the different mem banks, my BH-5 was picky on where they wanted to be.

Yeah it's a single stick; I've tried moving it around before :( .

I'm currently waiting on my refurbished fsp530 power supply. Hopefully that may help, if not it'll be a nice investment for the future anyways. I'll also take a look at the L12 mod I did, even though I know it was correct because of the speed it booted up at.

and what limited me when i had my pc4000 ocz was my volts on the chip set...try 1.7 rather then 1.6 if you havn't....it helped me hit 236 previously

Well I'm certainly not going to buy a newer version board just for some a higher fsb :) My next major investment in the future will be a A64 rig, so I'm just trying to tinker with the stuff I already have.

I've actually tried lowering the vdd but it wouldn't boot.

Back