• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a good deal on an Athlon64 Laptop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hey everyone talks alot of trash about them, but I've been hearing great things about the emachines line of laptops theyre reasonably priced and for $1649, $1549 amir you could get the M6809 with a 3200 64, 9600 pro graphics, dvd burner, and an 80 harddrive, you would be hard pressed to beat that, theres also a page on overclockers about how to overclock them :D

When the A64 laptops first came out someone tested some emachine ones and they faired pretty decent from what I remember. I have no idea how their customer service and repairs are so you might want to do some research on that first though. Its a real ***** dealing with poor repairs and replacements,

I can buy my sister's laptop that she used at her school, but it is 2 years old and I much prefer the Athlon64. The specs on her laptop are: 1.4ghz p4, 256mb ram, ati radeon, built-in 802.11b wireless network card, 16x cd burner, 20gb hd, and 14.1" screen, oh and its a gateway. I can buy this for $500. What do you guys think.

go for it. for $500 you cant beat that, best you could get online for that would be a p3, the athlon 64 would abviously be alot better, but it depends what you plan to use it for, my laptops the equivilent of the athlon 64 laptop I mentioned above, and you can use it for anything you would use a powerful desktop, but if you only plan to use it for word processing, web surfing and stuff like that, its sensible to find the best bang for you buck.

Back