• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Big Question..Best RAM for my machine

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

{pdX}Canadatron

I am getting a Barton Mobile 2500 and will be running it on my ABIT NF7-S. I have about $275 US to throw at some RAM and am wondering what would be the best option for my machine. I have no clue about memory and need some serious walking through on this topic. Is dual DDR the way to go on this board? Thanks a lot. Oh yah, it doesn't have to be 275 on the dot around that mark is ok...if my machine is really going to benefit from it.

Last edited:
I'd try to get something with BH-5 or BH-6 chips for low latency RAM. Personally I'd pick up some Mushkin, Corsair, or Kingston PC3200 Valuram, etc. It's cheap but it can come with some good chips (like the hynix d5). Personally I see why not to add on to what you have rather than get an entire new set of RAM.

And yes, DDR and dual channel mode benefits your proc. majorly, hit the stickies.

Back