• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Via Aqua must be submerged?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MoonWolf

Fold For 32!
The instructions for the Via Aqua 1300 pump say that it MUST be submerged in water at all times! What happens if it is not? Can this pump be used in-line?

Yes it can be used inline.

directions? what are those?

:cool:

it's just for added cooling of the pump itself actually.
but it doesn't get that hot? warm any how.

WarriorII said:
Yes it can be used inline.

directions? what are those?

:cool:

lol dude,

well.. it can be used inline, but the manfac, obviously doesn't recommened it. Last discussion i heard about this was that using it as inline will shorten the life, but thats probably not true... i would try my best to set up the pump so that the base is well flooded (so basicly at the bottom of ur setup)

I have used mine inline for almost two years. The pump does tend to get hot and is probably why they want it underwater. I actually ended pointing a fan towards the pump to cool it off.

Whew, thanks guys. Thats a big load off. I was afraid for a second there that I would have to spend MORE money building a reservoir. My pump and waterblock have just arrived, I'll be putting everything together tomorrow and taking pictures.

Then again, isn't that what overclocking is all about? Doing something that the instruction manual tells you not to...

Another quick question, and sorry for the triple post, but how do you have your wc system all configured? I'm debating between: start from pump outlet->heatercore->waterblock->pump inlet and start from pump outlet->waterblock->heatercore->pump inlet. Does the pump get hot enough to actually warm the water flowing through it before it hits the waterblock?

I have pump--core--block--pump.
It really does not matter too much, but you want the coolest water possible going to the water block.

Last edited:
I have mine Via1300->core->Cpu->Via1300

This way the water passes thru the core right before it gets to the Cpu. The water should be at its "coolest" point right after the core. Of course everyone has their own opinion on the routing. :)

Yeah, that is what I was also thinking, but that would complicate my situation quite a bit because of the way my case is set up.

Back