• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Temps!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

danman81

Help! How high can water temperatures get in a full water cooling setup with a very hot procressor running full load for a very long time? Thanks!

It is highly dependent on the watercooling system setup. As well as the ambient room tempatures. Please be more specific

Ramlaen said:
It is highly dependent on the watercooling system setup. As well as the ambient room tempatures. Please be more specific

I'm worried about a d4 pump becuase i want to put it right after my blocks and before the radiator so that the water isnt heated by the pump. THe website states that it shouldnt go above 60 degrees C for the water. Do you think a highly overclocked prescott and raise the water temp to above 60 degrees comming out directly from the cpu block? thanks!

highest i've seen my water go up is about 3c-4c higher then the case temp.
when i forgot to plug in the fan it went up to 12c higher before my computer crashed :D

danman81 said:

I'm worried about a d4 pump becuase i want to put it right after my blocks and before the radiator so that the water isnt heated by the pump. THe website states that it shouldnt go above 60 degrees C for the water. Do you think a highly overclocked prescott and raise the water temp to above 60 degrees comming out directly from the cpu block? thanks!

ur water shouldn't go over 5c of ambient temps as long as you radiator is efficiently removing the amount of heat coming out of ur components. if ur going to have a lot of blocks, a 100+watt cpu, along with a high heat output pump i would recommend ATLEAST a dual 120mm rad, with 4 fans (push pull) with a reasonable amount of airflow (like 60-80cfm each fan?)

My hot water comming back from the CPU and chipset right now is 26.5°C and my ambient is 20.9°C. I have four 76CFM fans at 6 volts cooling a dual rad and i'm getting 40°C CPU temp on a [email protected]. The question is, are you talking about water temp right from the CPU or right after the rad? Because if you meant right after the CPU, I have more than a 5°C differential and i'm getting great CPU temps.

If your water reached 60 degree's C you'd have to be doing something wrong... It just won't happen in a watercooled rig that is even semi set up right.+

My water's hit 60C twice, but that was because i wanted to run the system without ANY fans. It ran stable @ 72c LOAD w/1.9v @2ghz. You should NEVER have this happen to you.

very cool, thanks for the replies all, i decided to move my pump to before the radiator so the water would get cooled before going into the blocks.

Back