• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Seems I'm 220 FSB cursed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ixnay

Im unable to run my 1x512 Buffalo CH5 over 220 and was wondering how I can tell if its my RAM or just my NB. Unfortunately I don't have any other ram to test with.

I'm thinkin about buying some BH5 but I'm wondering how I can tell what is stopping me from getting over 220 FSB. If its my Northbridge then theres really no point as I don't believe the performance gain will be justified.

I really think its the RAM becuase changing the voltage to anything except 2.6v = crazy instability.

Any ideas?

I had pc4000 ocz ram and i had troubles in that area. It wasn't the ram but the nb. Try upping the nb to 1.7 if you havn't.
Might work...

What timings are you running? Try loosening them and see if you can go higher. I'm at 2-2-2-11 and 222fsb; loosening them won't help. My NF7-S is limiting me :(

Back