• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Time to put it all together

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kayboykb

Okay - I should have everything in by tomorrow. I'm just gonna go ahead and say all of this before I start putting it together..

okay - to start. . . I promise I read the stickies ;) but . . how do you fill it :rolleyes: - - the system that is. I know how to mix the solution, but I gotta know how to get the actual water in there first..

Okay - 2, I have a gpu block and a mag 3.. can I go pump - (t-fitting) - JR-120, Maze 4 gpu, Y-fitting to White Water inlets.. White Water outlet to pump - - and so on..

if I go from my gpu to my pump I'll have a huge kink since they're so close together.

Okay - - - and.. I know I have to leak test everything, but how do I get accurate hose cuts without having everything mounted in the case? Or better yet - what's a good way to get accurate hose cuts period?

ohh yeah - and before I do anything I have a chill the water right? so.. fridge ?? :cool:

***Oh Yeh.. I put goop where the large strechy O-ring on the Mag 3 use to be.. is this the only leak I have to worry about? I'm trying to get plastic adapters for the inlet and outlet

easiest way to fill is having the t-line before the pump inlet, so the water is poured right into pump and is then shot through the system.

the two side barbs of the WW are OUTlets, not inlets. center barb = inlet

if you can't go cpu -> gpu -> pump -> rad then go cpu -> gpu -> rad -> pump

to get the hose lengths put the blocks on the components, place the rad and pump, and cut tubing. then can take em off and fill them out side of case if you prefer. i never had a problem filling on top of equipment.

oh yeah, never heard anything about chilling the water? make sure it's distilled water and you mix it with some kind of additive.

for mag3: i put silicone aquarium sealant around impeller housing, and in the barbs (can use plumber's tape, but i prefer aquarium sealant).

Nice man, thanks for all that info. Lemme get this right, the small cylinder at the top of the mag 3 is the inlet, right? and the larger one (with the impeller) is the outlet?

and.. put goop in the barbs of the mag 3? do you have to take off the cover to do this - - err, I've already gooped everything shut now

the side pointing directly into the impeller is the inlet, the top of the pump (directly above impeller) is outlet. what i mean is you take the plastic barb, put goop over the threads, and screw it in.

Definitely high-tech.. professional at that ;)

Thanks for all that info man, I've got a much better look on things now.. ahh, just gotta wait for about 24 hours ;)

goop is waterproof instantly, hardish within 2 hours, fully cured in 24. meaning, you can do some testing if you want to once its hardish.

Back