• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NFII ULTRA INFINITY vs NF7-S vs LANPARTY NFII ULTRA B

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ambiguous

ok, so I might be in the market for a new board to go with a mobile 2600+. Now what would be your choice to obtain the highest overclock, the price difference isnt that big so thats not the prob.

I have the LP B, and I love it. Overclocking is really easy, and I was about to achieve 2.39 with pc2700 on a non-mobile 2600+. That is a real good overclock for that chip, so if that is any indication I would go with the LP B

dicecca112 said:
I have the LP B, and I love it. Overclocking is really easy, and I was about to achieve 2.39 with pc2700 on a non-mobile 2600+. That is a real good overclock for that chip, so if that is any indication I would go with the LP B

Thanks for the imput, what are the main differances between the LP B board and the ultra infinity?

I can't remember if there are any hardware differences, but the biggest one is the accessories that come with the lan party B, like glow in the dark round IDE cables, and computer carrying strap/brace thing among others. If you dont need that extra stuff think about getting the infinity.

T'wolves said:
I can't remember if there are any hardware differences, but the biggest one is the accessories that come with the lan party B, like glow in the dark round IDE cables, and computer carrying strap/brace thing among others. If you dont need that extra stuff think about getting the infinity.

yeah i dont care about the accesories, just the ocing features.

Ambiguous I would also like some overclocking comparasions of these boards

I have always felt the Abit NF7-s v2 was the best overclocker. I would appricate any feedback in comparing the actual beanchmarks and overclocks of the boards Ambiguous listed. Thanks

I have always felt the Abit NF7-s v2 was the best overclocker. I would appricate any feedback in comparing the actual beanchmarks and overclocks of the boards Ambiguous listed. Thanks

seems like most of the NF7-S v2 gets stuck between 220-230fsb, which I found out after I've bought one myself. DFI's are suppose to exceed 240fsb but what I also hear is that there's problems with cold boot, bios corruption, etc. for high reliability with a B+ grade overclockability, go for NF7-S, go with DFI if overclock is all that matters.

oc_byagi said:

seems like most of the NF7-S v2 gets stuck between 220-230fsb, which I found out after I've bought one myself. DFI's are suppose to exceed 240fsb but what I also hear is that there's problems with cold boot, bios corruption, etc. for high reliability with a B+ grade overclockability, go for NF7-S, go with DFI if overclock is all that matters.

Well I dont want reliability issues, how often do those issues occur with the DFI boards?

I've never owned DFI, but you might wanna take a look into DFI threads and see what people say there.
Anyone with DFI boards able to help?

nf7 all the way. i owned a lanparty b and returned it. it was very buggy for me. an nf7 may not get as high fsb but you gotta remember that an nf7 at 220fsb will outperform a dfi at 240. this i can attest to. from owning both. btw my nf7 is currently at 235fsb stable which in performance killed my dfi at 250 fsb.

I got lanparty, havent tested it yet.

the lan party also has wireless ethernet built in along with regular ethernet, infinity doesnt. something else, like firewire ports and extra USB ports...

I went lanparty because of the cables though, got to adding up all the cables and I was gonna spend 20$ on them, plus 10-20 on a wireless card, it evened out.

then the cool factor that not only the cables glow in the dark, but the PCI slots, and IDE slots as well. not to mention the cool black PCB. yeah these are just visual things, but as long as I spent 1200$ on a PC with water cooling, and a case with a window, why not have a nice mobo if I can.

ares350 said:
I got lanparty, havent tested it yet.

the lan party also has wireless ethernet built in along with regular ethernet, infinity doesnt. something else, like firewire ports and extra USB ports...

Wireless ethernet?

Ummmm

Where?

oc_byagi said:

The 220 range can be solved real easily...by the L12 wire mod..

Then you can get the FSB range...

260.JPG

(motherboard stable, but was not memory stable)

250.JPG

(Completely 100% stable)

No cold boot issues, unlike the DFI after 240FSB...and better memory bandwidth running looser memory timings at the same FSB speeds...NF7-S vs DFI...

After talking to 5 or 6 current members with DFI LP B's...I will stay with my NF7...even if I was still stuck at 220...

BTW - A DFI user that has had 3 DFI's that would not do over 248FSB no matter what and no matter what V mods...is buying my NF7...that should tell you something about the newer DFI LP B's...

I'm sorry but I totally disagree with you on the Nf7-s. I don't think it is the motherboard causing the problems on the cold boot, I think it is something else. The fact that I could hit 178fsb on pc2700 completely stable tells me that there is something good about this board. And the fact that it can to up to 240 with no mods also says something. The fact that one person is switching from DFI to Abit, doesn't say something. I have talked to one person with the cold boot issue. It to me is unfounded, and I feel it is something else. It probably comes from some pushing their board so hard that it cause the cold boot issue. I still maintain it is the best overclocking board and until I get an unbaised comparision, I will not be swayed that ABit nf7-s is better.

More then just one DFI user is changing over...and I can run my NF7-S using PC2700 at 215 with only 2.9v's...at 1:1...unlike the DFI LP B that could only run it at 198 with 3.1v's...not my DFI, but I was the one doing the OC...so it was NOT user errors...

As for unbias...are you saying I am BIAS...if that is the case...then why would I also own a A7N8X Deluxe...3 8RDA+'s and a 8KHA+...this is my second NF7-S rev 2.0 actually...and my first one would out perform this board...

As for your choice of boards...DFI is your choice...and was mine since DFI makes the NF2 motherboards for Epox, Epox just turns around and slaps there name and BIOS version on them...

I personally have been through 10+ NF2 motherboards in the last year alone...and love and wont trade the NF7 for anything...

The only downside to the NF7 is...it is not made for a newbie...or even someone that has some OCing experience...it takes a lot of tweaking and pactience to get a NF7 to run like the way it was meant too...but once you have it tweaked properly...you will see results like my NF7 and other top overclockers...

Heres a thought to go on...how many DFI motherboards are in the top 30 on the Orb...more NF7's then anything...that is because of the better memory and cpu bandwidth the NF7 has over a DFI...

Hydr0 Styles said:

Wireless ethernet?

Ummmm

Where?

I might be wrong....

lanparty
Onboard LAN: Realtek RTL8110S GbE + 10/100Mbps Fast Ethernet

infinity
Onboard LAN: 10/100Mbps

now I THINK the realtek RTL8110S GbE is wireless. someone can confirm, I might be thinking of the wrong thing.

250 is 100% stable...260 is CPU/MB stable...but memory couldnt handle 260 with a full load (memory load) for more then a few minutes...

Back