• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

K8T800 and Dual Channel DDR

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ToiletDuck

I've been wondering. Sometimes I feel like for the bandwidth that I should be able to use that I'm just not getting it all. So i was wondering what BIOS settings some of you guys are using that have this board. Could you toss at me the memory timings as well as how yuo have the memory setup. I don't know if there is an option to make is so that both processors use the same memory or if it is possible to have each one use their own. I have 4sticks of 256mb and I am wondering if I could have each processor use 512 and if so if that would be better than having them both pull off the same pool of memory. I am using a few multi proc capable programs and want to tweak my rig to get the most possible.
Duck

PS. Dual Opterons at 1.51ghz a piece so the board is overclocked a bit.
Duck

I had a dual 242 setup running at 1.64 GHz in an MSI K8T Master2 FAR with two 512MB sticks of Mushkin PC3200 Reg/ECC. The timings were set via SPD at 2-3-2 and SiSoft Sandra scores were aroung 4250/4250. There weren't a lot of DDR settings to play with in the BIOS.

yea that is what i was thinking too. However i know that some new BIOS updates have come out and I wasn't sure if they had new options. However as far as memory timings go even though I read a lot on them I still don't know a lot about it exactly. I mean you say 2-3-2 but there are like six places to change numbers lol. I just left up. However i'm running at 1.51 ghz right now encoding a video I just edited and never had any stability problems. How much of a performance increase would i see by changing settings?
Duck

Back