• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Check sum error ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CandymanCan

Disabled
Lately tday while testing diff overclocks and diff bios's iv noticed that sometimes even whe noverclock to something i know it deff can handle, iv been getting Check sum error's or Something of the sort, Its starts whe ni hear this anoying beeping like every milla second, and my moniter says like check sum error's readinf floppy A: or something like that.

What is this error? I thought i my bios was corrupte so i tried a diff one and it doesnt the same thing sometimes when i overclock

checksum errors mean you are getting bad data from somewhere... The data you are reading has a checksum associated with it that is created to ensure the integrity of the data. If the checksum is examined and does not come out as it is expected to, this throws an error saying that the data is not in the original form that it should be in.

That's my layman understanding of a checksum, and I think its pretty accurate but not absolutely sure.

This is a good sign though that your OC is not as stable as you seem to expect.

, Hm sometimes it does this, even whe ni @ say 2000mhz, testing diff FSB's or something

I know for sure that 200fsb and 2300mhz is 1005 stable cuss iv dont prime 95 or memtest along time ag oo nthem, and 2400mhz is stable also.

I cleaned my computer out tonight and havent gotte nanymore error's i dunno what it was but it seems to be gone now.

Back