• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cutting tubing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I use my Fiskars utility scissors. These will cut a penny in half too!
When I can't find them, I just use my exacto-knife.

I would assume using something sharp (like boxcutter) or hobby knife (Xacto) so the cut is clean.

I use some tubing cutters that I got from Harbor Freight (love that place) for under a dollar, otherwise just about any knife works great.

I use a normal exacto knife.

I find that kinking the uncut tube where a cut is desired, and then very slowly 'sawing' at it with a sharp exacto knife makes it much easier to get a perfectly straight, and smooth cut, even with thick walled tubing. It's also faster this way, although you need to watch your fingers!

got my vote too.. I was going to ask the same question :D (Im gonna use a boxcutter probably)

i use either boxknife, exatoknife, or garden scissors which seem to cut the best (smooth/even cut)
Sometimes if i can't find anything, i'll just use my teeth, but that didn't seem to work on my new thickwalled tubing :-/
braces won't let me bite hard enough!

I use a sharp hacksaw. Or when I'm feeling lazy, just some scissors left over from 2nd grade.

I can't see giving this a sticky on it's own, but it would fit in well here. So someone write up a suitable paragraph and I'll insert it into the bottom of the first post (with credit for the add-on going to the respective author). Let the hounding of me with your own personal writing styles begin!

Back