Notices

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Cooling > Water Cooling
Water Cooling Discussion devoted to blocks, pumps, radiators, reservoirs, tubing, and everything else to get you running smooth on a water loop
Forum Jump

Hose sizes

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 05-08-04, 02:25 PM Thread Starter   #1
KKAT

Question Hose sizes

I have three pumps in mind for my wc set up. The first two are the MAG 3 and MAG 5 pumps. The last one is the Eheim 1250 (oh the price we pay for german engineering). I'm not sure what sizes to use for the pumps, as I'm a complete noob to this whole wc thing. I heard that a 5/8" intake and 1/2" outlet was pretty good. One question though, are these sizes in OD or ID. OD is outer diameter and ID is inner diameter right? I want to avoid restricting the system as much as possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I forgot to add that I would be using a DTek radiator and a White Water Block.

6800GT 400core/1150mem
1gb dual channel PC3700 Samsung TCCD(Gigaram wk519) 10-3-3-2.5@ DDR500
2x80gb WD SE
1x120gb Samsung Spinponit
1x250gb Seagate NCQ SATA 7200.8
OCZ Powerstream 520
KKAT is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 05-08-04, 03:16 PM   #2
SOShootME

KKAT,

Hey... you made me stutter.

"OD is outer diameter and ID is inner diameter right?" Correct. In this forum folks are almost always talking ID, at least that is my experience.

In the grand scheme of things, less resctriction is good. A larger ID input barb is better, but most likely this only makes a big difference if the tubing attached to it is the same ID.

I use 5/8" barbs on both input and output just because they came with my Via Aqua 1300 pump. My tubing is 1/2ID Clearflex, so it is literally a bit of a stretch to get the tubing on the barbs.

Not sure if that helps, but there you go.
SOShootME is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Cooling > Water Cooling
Water Cooling Discussion devoted to blocks, pumps, radiators, reservoirs, tubing, and everything else to get you running smooth on a water loop