• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gainward Ti4200 how much can it do?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Enigma.xL

Registered
ok, i have a gainward 128 meg Ti4200. It has Ramsinks and I also replaced the thermal stuff on the main heatsink with arctic silver 3. I was wondering how far this card could go, do you think I could get it up to around 300/650? right now I got it clocked at 288/605 from 250/512 and was just wondering if it's safe to push it up higher than that. Oh, I also have 5 case fans in my case, so the airflow is good.

--UPDATE--

Ran 3Dmark2001SE Artifacts every once and a while, SO, I put the core up to 299 and the Mem down to 590. Ran 3Dmark and only let it go through first game due to me being lazy anyway, no artifacts, no problems. Wondering if Game one high/low detail is sufficiant to see if the settings are stable enough. Note: I believe the 128 megs of ram is rated at 3.6 NS

--UPDATE--
299/597 Stable, No artifacts.

I think this is as far as I can go, I don't think I even want to try pushing it up any higher than that. Very satasfied, I think I've answered my own question. 650mhz ram speed seems out of the question with the 128 meg card, I put the ram at 640, artifacts like crazy, also thought I'd try the core at 320. ran stable for about 30 seconds, then the image got all kinds of messed up in 3dmark, so I don't think I'll go past 300 on there, at 597 ram I have no artifacts, at 601, there were *few* so 597 seems perfect.

Last edited:
I have a ti4200 otes from abit....my results were slightly more disappointing. To start, my card is clocked at 275/550, which is ti4400 specs actually. I guess that puts me ahead. Unfortunately, I can only get a measily 5 mhz out of the core, and about 12mhz on the memory. I figured with the huge factory heatsink and the ramsinks I installed, I could run at least 300/600. This card is for my "other" computer, so it's not the end of the world.

Nice results though :)

-Collin-

Hmm, i wouldn't realy on 3dmark01 -- no artifacts in that doesnt nessecarily mean no artifacts. I used 3d01 and go my highest stable core, but on UT2oo4 i get some artifacts.

Also, i noticed comparing UT2oo3 and NFSU, UT2oo3 = 310/710 whereas NFSU = 330/680

Different games demand different things, be careful.

~t0m

Back