• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Prime 95

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stupid Boy

I'm not sure whether I'm running the torture test.

I selected choice 17. Options/Torture Test

This is what I see:
Test 1, 400 Lucas-Lehmer iterations of M19922945 using 1024K FFT length.
Test 2, 400 Lucas-Lehmer iterations of M19922943 using 1024K FFT length.
Test 3, 400 Lucas-Lehmer iterations of M18874369 using 1024K FFT length.
Test 4, 400 Lucas-Lehmer iterations of M18874367 using 1024K FFT length.
Test 5, 400 Lucas-Lehmer iterations of M17825793 using 1024K FFT length.
Test 6, 400 Lucas-Lehmer iterations of M17825791 using 1024K FFT length.
Test 7, 400 Lucas-Lehmer iterations of M17432577 using 1024K FFT length.

Am I running the torture test? If not, how do I run it?

Thanks

How do I tell whether I'm getting errors?
Its been over an hour since the seventh test occured, but nothing more has appeared.

An error message will be displayed and the test will stop if you get an error. Some of the tests can take a while, but if you don't see anything new displayed for a while, its possible your system has locked up.

Titan386 said:
An error message will be displayed and the test will stop if you get an error. Some of the tests can take a while, but if you don't see anything new displayed for a while, its possible your system has locked up.

What happens when a system has locked up? I've been using the Internet without problems for almost two hours after the seventh test was displayed.

By "locked up" I mean a system that doesn't respond to input at all ("frozen" is another word to describe the same behavior). Sometimes, if your CPU doesn't have proper cooling, for example, that can happen when you run Prime95. However, that's not your case. It is strange the Prime95 isn't outputting the results of any more tests. You might want to check that your CPU usage is close to 100%. If you're on Unix/Linux, try using the program top (just enter that on a command line and hit return). The CPU usage information is the third line from the top.

Titan386 said:
By "locked up" I mean a system that doesn't respond to input at all ("frozen" is another word to describe the same behavior). Sometimes, if your CPU doesn't have proper cooling, for example, that can happen when you run Prime95. However, that's not your case. It is strange the Prime95 isn't outputting the results of any more tests. You might want to check that your CPU usage is close to 100%. If you're on Unix/Linux, try using the program top (just enter that on a command line and hit return). The CPU usage information is the third line from the top.

CPU usage was at 100%.
The system didn't lock up.
I do remember Firefox randomly once or twice, but I don't remember the error message.
My heatsink was about body temperature.
After I rebooted, CPU temp was like 35 degrees in BIOS.
The CPU is a mobile 2600+.
Here were my BIOS settings:
FSB - 200mhz
Multiplier - 5
vCore - 1.425v

I just burned Overclockix. I'll try using Prime 95 in Overclockix later. Maybe that'll help.

Back