• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Everybody.. I Give You D24 - Modded ;)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xplicit

I followed tictac's instructions for the romsip table etc, on how he mods the bios etc, and i have done it with version d24 i have tryed it on my nf7-s v2.0 and it seems to have worked, it posts and windows loads n eveything, it seems a bit faster than d23-3dfire aswel.. so if anyones willing to try it and tell me then go ahead.. i have hosted it here C.C.M.B(Chris' Custom Modified Bios) d24

I have long awaited version d24 because it includes a fix for those that have the usb cordless mouse problem, where it only works every other boot. So try this modded version, if you like it get back to me, most credit goes to tictac for telling everyone how to edit the bios files, but i think i done well in deciphering his (hardly english) instructions.

You have any benchmarks with your modded BIOS over the 3dfire? I am just curious b/c I would like to see some b4 I jump in board.

Any overclock boosts?

I have only just edited the bios, so i haven't had time to test anything. I am hoping someone is willing to test this bios out, but i mean i have noticed a noticeable speed difference in boot time, and the time it takes the os to load. I mean i have made sure this bios works.. so if you are willing to do some benchmarks and give me feedback go ahead, but no.. i haven't benched it yet.

No offense at all intended to you xplicit, but remember everyone that this is a home-modded BIOS. It could do...weird stuff for different people.

xplicit - were I you, I would include some kind of disclaimer. I'm not saying this will happen, but there are all kinds of variables with this stuff. You don't want people all ticked off at you for a dead BIOS chip - whether it's your fault or not.

This kind of editing is beyond me, and I admire your willingness to jump into it xplicit. :)

johan851 said:
No offense at all intended to you xplicit, but remember everyone that this is a home-modded BIOS. It could do...weird stuff for different people.

xplicit - were I you, I would include some kind of disclaimer. I'm not saying this will happen, but there are all kinds of variables with this stuff. You don't want people all ticked off at you for a dead BIOS chip - whether it's your fault or not.

This kind of editing is beyond me, and I admire your willingness to jump into it xplicit. :)

Thanks johan, i realised i hadn't included one a short while after i had uploaded the file and have since edited the included text file, and included a disclaimer ;-) thanks. I hope to sort something out with tictac and perhaps carry on his exclusive bios mod's. Or work some sort of arrangement out with him

xplicit.. does this have the increasement in the vcore like TicTac's ?

Or is it just the 24 bios with the sip table to make the 10 and 10.5 multi's to work .. just wondering..

I have a bios savior and might give it a try .. Plus I did a norton ghost last night.. so it cant really mess me up... I think ;)

I didnt even know the D24 was or is out for the Nf7-s2.0, cuss i checkedo n thier site and all they have the d23, and when i you try to update using the flshmenu, it says i have the latest.

Im using the D23 Subzero.

Where can i find the D24 for the NF7-S 2.0 cuss if i know its actually out ill try the bios.

(sorry seeming like a noob but i cant find the d24 anywhere)

i would try this bios out but i havent got another comp on the internet to order a bios chip IF any did go wrong :( NOT saying it will xplicit i respect what your doing and i guess its pretty hard to mod a bios

Hmmm reasonably, it wasn't as easy as i thought, just changing a few hex values. I had to just realise what it was all about, decipher tictac's instructions, then put into practice but tictac's instructions were towards people who use windows 98. As i use windows xp i had to do something different to get around it. Erm... i don't see why it shouldn't work. It posts on nf7/-s 2.0 ive tried it on, which is 3 now. And i have had a few people try it for me. But it's best to have a bios saviour yes.

Cool, yeah just tell me what you think, i gotta reupload it cos i realise i have missed outa one hex value.

Was to do with one of the multipliers...

Can someone please host this file for me?

I tried to update my bios to youre's, but whe ni use flashmenu it says This is not the correct Bios file.

... Im a little nervous now so im not ganna try to update the thing now i think i'll wait and see why it wont work. .

Well its definitely for the nf7-s 2.0, it may be because it is edited.. the program you are using may only accept official bios flashes?

Back