• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does *Anyone* Have Info on "Voltmoding via Pencil" For 9800PRO / NP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sentential said:

The PCB is different.....that wont work. Im about to just pencil the labeled resister on mine.

Well? Did ya smoke your card or crank the mhz? Did it work? Make sure you test the resistence each time you pencil in a layer...you don't have to have power to your card to measure resistence.

glock19owner said:
I think he backed out of doing that...or at least I hope he did...

Yea I did....

I couldnt find the resister in question. No way in hell am I trashing a $250 V-card

Sentential said:

Yea I did....

I couldnt find the resister in question. No way in hell am I trashing a $250 V-card

Maybe you could email the author of the 9800xt voltage mod and ask him? He is the Hipro of VR-zone. He has a bunch of other mods so I'm sure he would knoe about the 9800 pro issue.

-=[bump]=-

Yep, I'm still interested in this. I don't have a multimeter, but I could probably make a quick trip over to Radio Shack and grab one. If it will allow me to further oc the snot out of my r9800 pro, I'll do it. :p

Just got done talking to one of Glock19owners's friend named Hellfire. He belives that he has found the resister in question, and will be reporting back wiht the results tonight.

Here is the resister he indicated could work:

9800.jpg

Wow! Sentential you are the greatest! You have really done some leg work here! I sure hope it works out for you!:clap: :clap: :clap:

krag said:
Wow! Sentential you are the greatest! You have really done some leg work here! I sure hope it works out for you!:clap: :clap: :clap:

OOOOOOOOHHHHH Belive you me... I hope so too. Im waiting to hear HellFire's results.

<BUMP DAMNIT!>

I spoke with glock19owner who finished up a conversation with Hellfire.The mod apparentally works as intended. It lowers the resistance to the VPU allow it to raise its voltage.However this is highly experemental...try it at your own risk. Im gonna give it a go tommah.

Glock19owner tells me that Hellfire will do a full walk-thru and post it here shortly :beer:. I confirmed with both of them that the picture I posted shows the proper technique... good luck pplz!

Im gonna give it a shot now... Ill report back with the results

Last edited:
Back