• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec TrueControl vs Truepower

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CandymanCan

Disabled
Ok im confused a little, the only diff i know between the 2 is the truecontrol alows u change the voltages .

But what the does the truepower do, someone said it Adjusts the voltages itself.

I want the Antec 550 watt psu, but im not sure if i should get the truecontrol or truepower.

If i get the truepower i can bu ythe psu locally if i get the truecontrol i have to order it. I need a psu right now so i was leaning towards the truepower i nthe local store's.

But which ever is better ill get.

TP automatically adjusts the voltages to what the PSU thinks is necessary (ie 3.3v, 5v, and 12v). TC allows you to adjust the voltages to what you want (ie up the MBM reading) within +/- 5%.

AntecRep

Cool.

I am asuming you work for Antec? Or are in some way afilliated with them.

actually there's a way u can turn ur true power into a true control... its not hard at all... simple (sorta) psu vmod...

Well I didn't want to start a new thread because this question is in the ball park. So here it is....

What would the PSU gurus choose between Antec TruePower or SmartPower? I'm looking at silence, cooling and clean power. I like the specs on both and can't decide.

Any rules of thumb or past experiences that would enlighten me?

Thanks.

I just got teh truepower and when idel the fans spin @ about 1900 rpm, i cant even hear the thing i would get that one.

Last edited:
dehinson said:
Well I didn't want to start a new thread because this question is in the ball park. So here it is....

What would the PSU gurus choose between Antec TruePower or SmartPower? I'm looking at silence, cooling and clean power. I like the specs on both and can't decide.

Any rules of thumb or past experiences that would enlighten me?

Thanks.

I've had both and though either is better than most other PSUs out there, the TruePower is better than the SmartPower due to the output regulation sections being independent of one another.

Hoot

Thanks for the information.

I've made up my mind to go for a TruePower. Not sure how many watts, but from the PSU forum, I need at least 430 watts for Intel P4 3.0+GHZ chips. I don't want to have to upgrade the box again when I upgrade to one of those kind of processors in the future.

Some people claim that the SmartPower series are no better than generic brands. Though I highly doubt they are, it's still a better choice IMO to go with the TruePower series.

Back