• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

backside of motherboard question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

teezer

should i do this? ~~~ i'm trying to hide a scsi cable between the motherboard and tray ~~~ had to use a foam pad so cable would slide and not hang on sodder tits ~~~ this has left no room for any air movement on the backside of mb ~~~ recommendations? ~~~~~ thanks in advance

The only thing I would look for is keeping the area behind the north and south bridges clear. Although there is admittedly little airlflow on the backside of the motherboard, inadvertantly insulating these hot areas can't help.

If you intend to retain the foam pad, cutting a hole and adding a fan would avail you little. Better to leave well enough alone.

as the pix shows ~~~ with the foam, there is no airflow and no point of a fan ~~~ so, some airflow or no airflow?

1x2mb.jpg

Looks to me like it should be fine. Perhaps if it was a socket CPU then some airflow behind the socket may have helped, but if you are using Slot 2 then there shouldnt be a problem.

one more bump before the "fashion police" nail me for using red and pink in a abutting manner

is there really any heat to worry about on the backside of the mb?

Back