• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wtf... monitor changeing sizes...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PCGUY112887

When I am on my comp, and say I open an explorer window, my screen will like totally expand about 1/8" of an inch out, then come back when I close the window. And sometimes when I am just in IE it will do the same thing, then come back.
It just started doing this a few min ago, the monitor is only a few months old, it's a 19" CRT, any suggestions? It's sorta freakin me out.

PCGUY112887 said:
When I am on my comp, and say I open an explorer window, my screen will like totally expand about 1/8" of an inch out, then come back when I close the window. And sometimes when I am just in IE it will do the same thing, then come back.
It just started doing this a few min ago, the monitor is only a few months old, it's a 19" CRT, any suggestions? It's sorta freakin me out.
Did check to see if you bent one of the pins when conecting the monitor to the VGA port?

I am always very carful when I plug things in, but I just checked and it's totally fine. But I am wondering, why I am missing 2 little pins inside the connector insted of just 1 like on every other VGA cable I have seen...

its called blooming, and its fairly normal. Higher quality monitors *might* do it less. Also, it probably stops or diminishes after the monitor is warmed up. ~30mins

lol thanks, funny thing is that this monitor has been on for like 7 hours, but has gotten cold because I had to move my entire comp desk due to some water leaking, and now there is a AC vent blowing right into my monitor.

My monitor did the exact same thing before it died.
By chance is it a Mag?

Last edited:
Back