• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how to add things to knoppix

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SpyderMatrix

i need to add direcway support to knoppix to make a new distro based on knoppix but with direcway support built in all i need is knoppix 3.3 or 3.4 and the direcway open source code i found from sourceforge that is for linux if someone could do this and send me the CD i would love it as i have direcway and would love to switch to knoppix i know the drawbacks would be to setup direcway up on every boot but would be much faster and less worries about windows viruses

the direcway software for linux project is located atdirecway project

and you know where to get knoppix

So you want to customize Knoppix. Well it's not too hard to do.

Here's where you should start-

You'll need a computer that has-

about a 3GB ext3 partition
enough ram and linux swap to = about 1.2 GB
a little bit of familiarity with the command line
a cd-burner
and time

You can find a nice remastering how-to on www.knoppix.net/docs

I'd be willing to give you a hand or do the work for you.

arkaine changed my mind i cant figure it out would love if you could get this to work

Send me the link to the source of the software you want me to add.

I don't have a net connection (just moved, no job yet, and posting from a library) to be able to upload the completed iso to you, but I can mail it to you if you PM me your addy.

Would you also like me to add folding@home as a service, configured for your userID? If so, PM that info to me as well.

I hope you don't mind waiting a bit. I'm in a bad position just now- no place to stay, looking for a job... so I can't really hook up my Knoppix remastering box anywhere until those things are taken care of.

Back