• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Big problem with Vmods on NF7-S, HELP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

extremecorvette

Disabled
I did the volt mods for the NF7-S 2.0 on the chip set and memory. I’m having a problem with getting the computer to run Prime95 after the mod. Everything is soldered perfectly; I dropped the voltages in the bios to the lowest they would go. My chip set is running at 1.8volts and the memory I don’t know. Where do you check the memory voltage? Any one have a picture? Also when you turn the resistor clockwise your lowering the resistance right, and when your lower the resistance your upping the voltage? The resistor on the memory I can’t go any lower than 0.5 ohms and get the system to boot. Does any one know what’s going on?

Wow, if you don't know where to monitor the voltages at I would not run the mod's period. The measurment location is in the guide at Motherboards.com. As for the vr rotation, it depends on which legs of the vr you are using. One way=increase in resistance while the other is the opposite. You need to know which way yours is setup.

If you are using a typical 10K vr from Ratshack (using the front two legs closest to the adjustment screw), then clockwise lowers resistance and raises the voltage. 1/2 ohm on the memory vr = big volts to the memory, so be carefull.

I found out part of my problem. When we put the resistors on this board the chip set was turned back down. I had it set for 1.7 on my older NF7-S 2.0 board. I set it to 1.9 today and it works perfect. The other problem is that my resister on the memory doesn't work. It is stuck at .1145 Ohms. I have to replace it. I have the Mushkin PC3500 L2 memory and I think the memory can take whatever voltage I give it. I know that mod maxis out around 3.35volts, if your 3.3 volt rail does 3.35. My 3.3 just does 3.3 all day long never hits 3.35.

What k ohms do you have yours set at on the memory? The memory checkpoint was the only one I didn't really know.

Keep in mind that the Vdimm will not increase more than a good 0.2 to 0.4 volts less than the 3.3v rail.

So, if you 3.3v rail is sitting at 3.35v, the Vdimm prob maxes out at 3.1v regardless of hw far you turn the VR.

When you soldered the VR on top of the stock resistor, you could have lifted it off the board. I would remove the stock resistor, and perform the 2nd method shown in Malves pics.

I was thinking I might have done that. But when I look at it, it looks perfectly done. I think my memory is bad. If I just put one stick in at a time I can get them to run at 200 no problem but I can't get them to run in dual at 200. One stick will go to 205 and the other will go to 210. I was able to before go to 225 with each with 2-2-2-5. I think I killed my memory some how. I'm going to send it in and see what they think.

Back