• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI Merchandise - Why do we have to pay for their screw-ups?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nightmare

Registered
I recently got a DFI UI with a bad ZIF socket. I knew about DFI representation at the PC Perspective forum.

I have posed the question to DFI reguarding the consumers right to receive undamaged/unserviceable products. I have already had one thread locked.

If you have a DFI board that you received "NEW IN BOX" that was defective and have had to pay to get it RMA'ed/fixed (postage, etc) please make you thought known at the following thread

http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=321779

If you screwed up your board yourself and voided the warrantee, please refrain from making comments. I am only interested in NEW IN BOX items that are defective.

Thanks.

fed ex just delivered my lanparty ultra B and am gonna put it in this weekend I sure hope nothings wrong with it :eek:

Make sure you examine the ZIF socket to see if any ZIF pins are visible between the socket and the pcb. You can check this by simply seeing if the ZIF socket is laying flat on the board.

If the ZIF socket is not flat on the board, the board is probably still going to work with a AIR COOLED SYSTEM i.e, heatsink with fan.

If the ZIF socket is not seated properly on the board, any heatsink, cooling block, ect... that you put on the board will not allign correctly with the ZIF socket and you could damage or destroy your cpu.

Good luck.....

Back