• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HDD Mount Issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zerileous

My current fedora install is the default setup for a workstation on an 8 gig secondary. I also have a 120 running windows in ntfs with a 15gb pattion cut out and in fat32. I cannot get this drive to mount or see it. I have tried in the menue thing, i have tried "mount hda1" and "mount hda2" in both the terminal and in the run command box. I am sure i am missing something simple but what is it?

If you type
fdisk -l
in a terminal window as root can you post the output? If the 15GB partition is after the windows partition then it would probably be /dev/hda2 unless windows made it an extended partition then it'll be /dev/hda5 I think. Anyway when you post the output of that command I'll be able to tell you better. Also you'll have to make a mount point to mount the drive to. For example you'll have to make a directory called /mnt/drive or whatever you want with the mkdir command like this
mkdir /mnt/drive
Then you'll mount the partition like this
mount /dev/hda2 /mnt/drive
That should get you running.

Last edited:
this is what i get:
[root@localhost justin]# fdisk -1
bash: fdisk: command not found

If you type
Code:
whereis fdisk
it should tell you the path that fdisk is in. Alternatively you can use
Code:
su -
in order to load any environmental variables (PATH in this case) when you switch users. Also for your fdisk command the argument is the letter L and not the number 1.

-DarkArctic

sweet, that works, its in sbin/fdisk, and running sbin/fdisk -l from /. works,
thanks to you two and rogerdugans.

I've been helping out a bit, but as always, I am lost half the time. :)

kaltag and DarkArctic had the answers, I only added a bit of prodding here and there. ;)

Back