• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best nvidia card for under 5600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CPL.Luke

This is for open gl and must be able to perform better than a 9600pro in linux any ideas?

EDit Edit******
oh geeze I just reallized that I put in 5600 I meant 120 I was thikning about the fx5600 at the time I was writing this sorry

You know Ven0m, I thought the same thing. Until my bro was runnin FarCry in Linux, and looked the same as my 5900xt. Just a little slower, but still, all the reflections of models and such were there. Yes the game has to be emulated with winex, but there is still an OpenGL api standard in the game. Interesting fact as I have seen. The only thing that was lacking was in the pipes, the bump mapping was a little different there. But other than that, I believe it was the same as my card.

Buhammot - thx, I don't want FX now :)

My friend has Ati 9700np - it's faster than my card, but not much, but image quality is far better...

Some consider me nvidia nazi :D, but I will not reccomend to anyone ANY GeFX. Well, only cheapo 5900 versions, which thanks to overclockability have decent price/performance ratio...

If not to consider linux, depending on price my recommendations are Ti4200 (ultra), Ati 9600Pro (gigabyte), 5900XT (800mhz mem version), maybe ATi 9800pro with Silencer; if you want more - to wait for 6800 normal / ultra.

so a regular 5700 or 5600 or 4200 ultra which one of those would be the best?

Back