• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do Tyan mobos support OCing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Octoman

Are the Tyan boards as easy to overclock as the Abit boards? I mean can you control the FSB from bios and the CPU voltages?
In particular I am interested in the OC ability of the dual boards such as the:

Tiger 230 S2507D

Tiger 133 S1834D

Thanks.

You can't change core voltage on a Tyan board, so far as I know. You'd actually have to modify the CPU pins. They do have some relatively limited choices for FSB speed though. I managed to OC my 500 Mhz PIII to 560 by changing the FSB to 112 Mhz, but that's as far as I was able to get with it.

If it is a slot 1 mobo, get a slocket that allows voltage adjustments (Soltek, Iwill etc.), and get a FC-PGA cpu (If you haven't got one already?). This way you can change the voltage, even when the board itself doesn't support it...

Good luck!

My old Tyan is a true workhorse but it bites the big one when coming to overclocking. It won't overclock my Celly 600 to 900 when it did it no problem on another board. My Asus slocket allows for voltage manipulation but still no dice.

If it's all you have, make due. I wouldn't buy one for overclocking it though.

Back